Who often have you had to make FPI claims?

Who often have you had to make FPI claims?

Dan DeppenBusiness Member
Erie, CO · Member since 2017 · 274 posts · 267 votes

How often have you made an FPI claim and been paid? To date I've tried to make a total of 2 claims. In one case the basement was flooded and they didn't cover it (long story). In the other there was some roof damage but based on what they would cover it didn't make sense to go forward given the deductible. I'm not considering reducing the amount of coverage I get and I have heard stories of homes burning down. But for those who have been at it for a long time I'm curious how often you have seen total disasters?

0Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Redmond, WA · Member since 2014 · 553 posts · 490 votes
6y

I have never had to make a claim, although there have been circumstances where an unoccupied house burning down would have been welcome news.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Redmond, WA · Member since 2014 · 553 posts · 490 votes
    6y

    I have never had to make a claim, although there have been circumstances where an unoccupied house burning down would have been welcome news.

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    6y

    @Dan Deppen

    Tried once and rejected. Part of me wonders if I am better to self insure except for total loss.

    Something you have me thinking to look into.

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Lender · Ladera Ranch, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Haven't done this myself. Interested in hearing from others as well....

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.