Negotiating an Over the Counter Tax sale

Negotiating an Over the Counter Tax sale

Marietta GA/ Tuskegee, AL · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 0 votes

I was recently emailed a land sale price notice from Alabama Department of Revenue for $1,200. I would like to get this property for half the price. How do you negotiate an over the counter tax lien with the State of Alabama?

0Reply
14 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Mobile, AL · Member since 2013 · 71 posts · 29 votes
    8y

    you cant negotiate the price unless they have held the property tax lien for over 5 years. if they have had the property for over 5 years, you can submit a best offer price. Mrs Denise Evans have a very good book about Alabama tax liens and deeds

  • Marietta GA/ Tuskegee, AL · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    @Michael Watts thanks. I just bought @Denise Evans book today.

  • Real Estate Agent · Florence, AL · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 4 votes
    8y
    @Donta' Collins have you got a chance to read the book yet? I’m in north Alabama and would also like to learn more about tax investing. Leave it to this state to do everything a different way! I just kind of wondered if you felt like the book was worth the price for the information given.
  • Investor · Mobile, AL · Member since 2013 · 71 posts · 29 votes
    8y

    @Isabella Roland I read Denise Evans book and attending her class. It is very worthy of the price.

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    8y

    @Donta' Collins something to think about. If $600 is the difference between make or break a deal then maybe it isn't worth doing in the first place.

  • Investor · Opelika, AL · Member since 2015 · 108 posts · 15 votes
    5y

    @Donta' Collins did you negotiate? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.