Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Tax Liens & Mortgage Notes

User Stats

Votes
Brittany Wilkerson
  • Birmingham, AL
Votes |
TAX CERTIFICATE STRUCTURE BEING DEMOLISHED. HOW TO HANDLE?

Brittany Wilkerson
  • Birmingham, AL
Posted Mar 16 2023, 18:28

Hi, everyone. Just looking for some advice. I purchased a tax certificate for a property that sold to the state of Alabama in 2019. Yesterday I received a notice from the county saying the property is a nuisance and will be demolished.  The notice gives me 15 days to file an appeal. I called the building official and he said that they've been in court for the past 2 years trying to get the property demolished and the last they heard was that the owner was in prison in TN. I don't care about the structure, but I would like to have the lot. Are they going to just place a lien on the lot and bill me for the demolition cost or should they bill the owner for the cost as I don't own it and only have the tax lien? 

Loading replies...