Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Rehabbing & House Flipping
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Doris Jin Huang
  • Investor
  • New York, NY
Votes |
Turnkey in Indianapolis through RTR case study

Doris Jin Huang
  • Investor
  • New York, NY
Posted

Wanted to share a case study of our recent purchase in Indianapolis through Rent to Retirement, hoping this is helpful for those who are looking into this company or turnkey investment in general. The property is a single family home located in a B/C neighborhood. 

Purchase price: $142,000 

Conventional loan 20% down

Rent: $1225

Property tax: $1076

Insurance: $520

Management fee: 8%

With the assumption of 6% repair and maintenance, 5% vacancy, 6% capex, it will net us $268/month, reflecting a 9.8% cash on cash ROI.

We closed it over a month ago and just received our first month rent. The process was smooth and all the parties involved (RTR, local turnkey provider, lender, PM company) are pretty responsive. The numbers provided by RTR are mostly accurate (the only thing is that their property tax number $829 was for owner-occupied which became $1076 since it's now a rental). So far there hasn't been any maintenance issues but of course too early to say. Overall it's a positive experience.

We have a few rentals in NY where we live but now shifting our focus out of state for obvious reasons. Our plan is to purchase more properties in Indianapolis, turnkey or fixer upper. Look forward to meeting more people in this market. Any comments, questions, suggestions welcomed.

Loading replies...