Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Rehabbing & House Flipping
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Greg Carr
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
How To Break A Buyer's Representation Agreement

Greg Carr
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Fort Worth, TX
Posted

Q: How do I break my buyer's representation agreement (BRA)?

A: The quickest answer? Don't sign one! Haha.

Seriously, though, I get a few calls every month from an unhappy buyer who signed a BRA in DFW. They feel like they signed some strong, legally binding document that will blacken their soul if they even think about breaking it.

The truth is that it is very easy to break (terminate) a BRA. First, read the document and it should contain language about how to terminate the agreement. It could be very simple and easy to follow. But if not, then...

Plan B: call your agent and explain to them how unhappy you are with their services, cite a few examples (3 or more is good) of what you are unhappy about with their performance, and if they refuse then call the broker. If the broker also refuses, then contact their local real estate commission or even the NAR.

If you ever need more specific advice on this, call another agent from another brokerage and explain your situation. particularly if they are from a rival brokerage, they will be happy to talk you through it.

Loading replies...