LISTENING TO MY TEAM'S RECORDED CALLS

LISTENING TO MY TEAM'S RECORDED CALLS

Jason MalabuteBusiness Member
Accountant · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 901 votes

I read Kobe  Bryant's book "Mamba Mentality". One of the things that really impressed me was how much game film watched per day. Kobe watched game film to see what he did wrong and what parts of his game he can improve on.

I decided to incorporate that mentality to my business. I decided that I will listen to cold calls between my team and potential apartments sellers. 

When I had my first listening session I noticed the following mistakes made by my team: they did not follow our script, they did not follow the sellers objections, they are not building rapport with the seller, etc.

My plan is to let the team listen to the recorded calls first and see if they can point out their own mistakes themselves. Then I will go over what they can correct for next time. I will give them constructive criticism on the spot be hearing their voices, point out their own mistakes, and we will review  solutions together.

I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes tomorrow.   

Malabute & Company CPAs525 Reviews
0Reply
35 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Property Manager · Windsor Locks, CT · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Rather than pointing out what they did WRONG you would be much better served to highlight what they did RIGHT. This is a pretty common tactic in "How To Win Friends and Influence People" (great read so far, by the way). 


    You will gain more by helping them do more of what they are doing well than by pointing out flaws and mistakes, even if it is done through a constructive criticism format. Center your conversation about what is being done well, and use that as a basis to improve the things you would like to have improved.

    It could look something like this:
    "Hey, I really like how you asked the seller why they are investing in the area (building rapport), I think it would be great if you could also tell them about what your connection is to this area as well."


    The above is better than:
    "Hey, I think you need to work on ways to better relate to the seller. Here's what you can do:"

    In the first scenario you're highlighting what they are doing well and expanding on it. The second scenario is really just "constructive criticism" which is often just *felt* as criticism. 

    Human psychology is a fascinating thing!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.