• Investor
  • Chandler, AZ
Votes |
I'm Buying Negative Equity Properties and I'm Excited About It

Andrew McGuire
  • Investor
  • Chandler, AZ
Posted May 17 2024, 08:38

I purchased 1 and UC for 2  properties this month two of which I'm keeping as Long term rental. 

The first 699 E Gold Dust, San Tan Valley AZ comps around 375K and I purchased for 393K so I'm lost about 18K equity by purchasing. The reason I'm okay with this and others I'm purchasing like it is that I took over a 3.25% interest rate which makes my payment all in $1611/month + HOA. Paid of solar and the average bill is $7/month. I plan on renting this as a Long Term Rental and market rents are 2200 in that area. So I might cashflow a little bit but big picture I have principal paydown over $600/month which will grow with that low interest rate. I plan on holding for 6-10 years and see where we are at and will refi or sell depending on equity and cashflow #'s. I have two other properties similar under contract where I am overpaying by 15-25K and putting only 10K down + closing cost.

I believe in real estate long term so am buying as many properties as I can now that pay for themselves, the goal is to get to 100 properties this way that all go up minimum of $100K in the next 5-10 years. To get the cash for down payments I am going to do a mortgage wrap on the low down payment purchases and collect a larger down payment from wrap buyer. 

Loading replies...