Looking for Passive Income Through Single Family homes in Utah

Looking for Passive Income Through Single Family homes in Utah

Rental Property Investor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 1 vote

First off, Happy Mother's Day to everyone's mom and current mom's. I am looking to learn and make a venture into single-family houses tell I can build a beautiful portfolio to jump into multifamily projects. I now live in Salt Lake City, Utah, but born in South Central, California, so any ideas or investors or have useful information I would love to know and see how I can be any value into your success as well.

Thanks for comments ahead of time

1Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · Lehi, UT · Member since 2016 · 86 posts · 64 votes
6y

@Robert Johnson wish you the best in your real estate journey. Salt lake is a strong market with a lot of appreciation over the recent years. There is quite a bit of competition for deals, but it’s probably the same as any metropolitan area.

I think a good first step is to go to some of the REIAs to network with other investors and find out what’s working, what areas are better than others, etc. You can also find wholesaler lists to get on, hard money lenders, and title companies that people are using. If you need any referrals for these let me know. I’m a wholesaler and flipper in Utah so feel free to pm me if you have any questions. Always happy to help.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Lehi, UT · Member since 2016 · 86 posts · 64 votes
    6y

    @Robert Johnson wish you the best in your real estate journey. Salt lake is a strong market with a lot of appreciation over the recent years. There is quite a bit of competition for deals, but it’s probably the same as any metropolitan area.

    I think a good first step is to go to some of the REIAs to network with other investors and find out what’s working, what areas are better than others, etc. You can also find wholesaler lists to get on, hard money lenders, and title companies that people are using. If you need any referrals for these let me know. I’m a wholesaler and flipper in Utah so feel free to pm me if you have any questions. Always happy to help.

  • Rental Property Investor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @Kyle Pierce that sounds awesome and I will start looking, thank you so much

  • Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Robert Johnson Welcome back home to Salt Lake City. You probably know Salt lake pretty well-playing football up there! Are you looking to invest more in rentals for college students renting by room? Or to families? I would get on as many wholesaler's email lists as you can. Also, connect with an investor-friendly Agent that will send over deals so you can start seeing the market and analyzing properties that work for your niche. Join some Facebook groups in your area as well. I love the mindset and glad to see you on BP. Great advice from @Kyle Pierce

    Bigger Pockets is a great place to learn from the best!

    Nate Sampson   

  • Amy KendallBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Lehi, UT · Member since 2016 · 397 posts · 318 votes
    6y

    Great advice from @Kyle Pierce and @Nathan Sampson. The BRRRR strategy would be a good possibility if you can get a good deal. Getting on a few wholesaler's lists is a good place to start seeing those deals and opportunities. Unfortunately, in our current market, traditional buy and holds are still not seeing significant cash flow without a large down payment.

  • Andrew HoganPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 559 posts · 463 votes
    6y

    check out @Jason Harris. He and his wife are on their A-game.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.