Hello BP! I’m Jason, Ready To Continue My Real Estate Dream!

Hello BP! I’m Jason, Ready To Continue My Real Estate Dream!

Rental Property Investor · Member since 2018 · 26 posts · 15 votes

Greetings All,

I'm excited to be here in BP Land!

To start, I once worked for Geico as a claims agent. Through that employment, I met Warren Buffett on his visit to Tucson, AZ as Berkshire Hathaway owns Geico. I was able to speak to him for a few moments. I asked him what the secret was to his success. He told me “The secret is not really a secret at all, it’s simply getting to a place financially/spiritually where you derive greater pleasure in helping others than yourself.”  He then went on to tell me to buy real estate as “They’re not making anymore of it.” I couldn’t agree more. I’m doing exactly as he told me as I strongly believe in helping others and being an ambassador of goodwill. 

A little about me: I'm a former enlisted U.S. Army Intelligence Analyst and have done the same as a Gov Contractor for the last 12 years (recently retired early by choice). I love to analyze deals and continually seek knowledge to become better everyday in the RE Game. To date, I've purchased 2 SFH (1 was a foreclosure) and sold both, clearing just over $50k in each deal. I've also been an originating partner in a RE LLC that was and was able to foreclose on the very first tax lien I purchased for $850. That property was a SFH that assessed at $125k. The LLC dissolved later as I relocated to another state and the other partners decided to pursue other interests as well.

In closing, I’m in a solid financial position with an additional amount of passive income generated through other investments. I’m now strongly dedicated 24/7 to RE only and looking to grow this business. I’m extremely driven and passionate about RE. I’m looking to focus on bigger deals, primarily MF properties (especially apartment buildings) but always open to other deals in select markets around the country. However, I do tend to favor North Carolina and Florida.

Thanks to BP and all of you for this wonderful opportunity to network, learn, and grow! I look forward to meeting/interacting with like minded investors and forming new friendships/partnerships along this journey. 

Very Respectfully,

Jason

3Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 239 posts · 117 votes
8y

Hey Jason, welcome! Really cool to hear about your experience with Warren. I had a professor who had met with him a few times (His mother is very good friends with Buffetts') and mentioned that he always had some wise saying to throw out. Best of luck with continuing your dreams and thank you for your service. If you're ever looking into the NC market, shoot me a DM!

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 239 posts · 117 votes
    8y

    Hey Jason, welcome! Really cool to hear about your experience with Warren. I had a professor who had met with him a few times (His mother is very good friends with Buffetts') and mentioned that he always had some wise saying to throw out. Best of luck with continuing your dreams and thank you for your service. If you're ever looking into the NC market, shoot me a DM!

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2018 · 26 posts · 15 votes
    8y

    Hello Ian, 

    Thank you for your kind words. I’m very grateful everyday for the opportunities I was given to serve this great Country and the American people who make it that way. I’m originally from NC and would definitely love to converse with you about that market. I’ll be in touch.

    Thanks Again,

    Jason

  • Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 46 posts · 15 votes
    8y

    Welcome Jason and best of luck in NC.  I am also from here and just getting started in RE

  • Encinitas, CA · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 6 votes
    8y
    Welcome Jason!
  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2018 · 26 posts · 15 votes
    8y

    Thank you Tommy! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2018 · 26 posts · 15 votes
    8y

    Thank you @brianmagnum. Love my home state of NC! Pleased to make your acquaintance sir.

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    8y

    Jason,

    Welcome to BP. Thanks for the Warren Buffett story. He is one of my favorites.

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2018 · 26 posts · 15 votes
    8y

    Hello Ned,

    Thank you sir. Greatly appreciate it!

    Jason

  • Real Estate Agent · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2018 · 112 posts · 73 votes
    8y

    Hey Jason,

    Glad to see another veteran on here. See as how you mentioned Tucson have you ever thought about investing here?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.