New to Fort Worth Rentals- need skilled labor contacts

New to Fort Worth Rentals- need skilled labor contacts

Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 1 vote
Hi everybody! I am new to Real estate investing, and just went under contract on my first house in the West Fort Worth area. I haven't gotten my inspection yet, but already I can tell the house will need a little bit of work to get it ready to rent. Can somebody please recommend affordable and reliable services for the following types of repairs: Bathrooms- both tubs and tub surrounds Will need to be replaced. Looking at maybe just doing a basic white plastic tub with a plastic surround. Flooring – I need to get about 300 to 400 square-foot of tile installed. Basic handyman and drywall work – it looks like there are a couple of areas where water pooled outside of the house, and a little bit seeped in, so some drywall needs to be replaced, and probably add some type of sealant to prevent the leaking in the future. I have already been looking through many of the forums and have found a lot of great information. Thanks to all of you have who have already posted recommendations for property management companies and foundation repair companies!
0Reply
20 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Architect, Green design/build consultant · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2015 · 62 posts · 12 votes
    10y
    Have you worked out your rehab budget? Will you want the person to provide labour services only, or material and labour? If the former, will you provide the material on site?
  • Investor · London, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 39 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    For a handy(wo)man, I would recommend Andrea Maunder. She does all our work from ceramics to decks to siding to fireplace to drywall. 

    For plumbing, Chip Oexmann and his team at ARS/Rescue Rooter Fort Worth have saved us thousands of dollars and many headaches over the years. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.