REI pro..er uhm.. newbie based in York, Pennsylvania

REI pro..er uhm.. newbie based in York, Pennsylvania

York, PA · Member since 2015 · 199 posts · 58 votes

Greetings World and Realm of Bigger Pockets!

I'm very excited that I've found this place. I'm not even exactly sure how I found it, and I only came across it just two weeks ago. I hope that I hit some people's keywords by mentioning that I'm currently living in the south east region of Pennsylvania; however, I'm originally from Baltimore, Maryland.

About Me: The names Dominic Jones, I grew up in Baltimore, MD and moved out of my first and only house at the time at 19, a year after moving away to PA to attend college at Penn State University. I graduated with my B.A. in English and a certificate in IT. I'm currently working full-time as an IT professional and will be getting my Teaching English as a Second Language certificate at the end of may when I finish the course that starts March 2nd. 

I not only plan on teaching overseas but also plan on investing overseas as well. I won't be moving until sometime in 2016 so I want to start learning as much as I can now to be in a better position to invest not only here in my back yard but all around the world throughout my travels.

My goals for REI: are currently to get my first deal done using the methodology of creative financing by the end of 2015. I listened to the podcast with Grant Cardone and 10x'ed that goal to get 10 deals done by the end of 2015 with creative financing. 

I want to be another no-money or little money-down success story and be able to help others out as I get further and further along in my career. What drives me is that I was born with sickle cell anemia and people born with this blood disease are statistically known to have a shorter lifespan on average. So I'm doing everything I can as early as I can (I'm only 24) to make the best out of my life and for my family.

In the long-run I would love to be the first ever millionaire with sickle cell anemia and the biggest philanthropist for the disease.

P.S.

Sorry for the long intro. My passion is writing so I tend to give a bunch of details!

Look forward to working with, learning from and connecting with many of you!

2Reply
8 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    11y

    @Dominic Jones 

    welcome to the site.

    Check out this forum it may be of some interest to you. Does no money down work

  • York, PA · Member since 2015 · 199 posts · 58 votes
    11y

    @James Wise Thanks for the link. I've read the initial post and navigated to

    @Ben Leybovich 's website, read his free e-book, and other resources that he has been making available. I definitely agree with how he see's it as a stepping stone, and not an end and I plan on using the NMD / creative financing (I like to call it the second term ha!) system until I am able to start throwing down my own cash. I'm ready for the journey and what lies ahead of me. I embrace hard work, the knocks, the kicks, and the lessons with open arms.

    Thanks for your welcome.

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    @Dominic Jones 

    Welcome. When you go overseas remember international $ is big in the US, might be a good opportunity for you. 

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers.

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

    You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it. Take a good look at student housing.

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good Luck

    Paul

  • York, PA · Member since 2015 · 199 posts · 58 votes
    11y

    Mr. @Paul Timmins ,

    Thanks for all of your insight. I'll definitely start in all the directions that you pointed me in. If I have any questions about the things you pointed me to is it fine if I seek you out to ask about them?

    I appreciate it so much!

    Best,

    Dominic

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.