New Member to Bigger Pockets & STR investments!

New Member to Bigger Pockets & STR investments!

Member since 2023 路 9 posts 路 4 votes

Hello,

My name is Justin Battiste and I am based in southeastern, PA. My wife and I are interested in becoming real estate investors with a focus in STR properties. We have been listening to podcasts, reading articles, performing data analysis, and watching social media to try and educate ourselves on the best steps to get started and become successful. We understand this does not happen overnight, but we are motivated and determined to build a portfolio that we can be profitable from and be proud of. The Bigger Pockets resources have been terrific, but now it is time to try and connect with members that have experiences and knowledge of the STR segment of real estate in effort to help us take the next steps.

We have identified our key strategies and want to hear what other think about whether we are on the right path:

1.Type: STR investment (AirBnb/VRBO)

2.Market: Poconos, PA- specifically Lake Harmony/Blakeslee

3.Niche: Small Families/Friend Groups- 10 guests or less.

4. Pricing Scale: Midtier

5. Property Management: local companies that are recommended that will not be astronomical in price

Finally, for those with experience in the Poconos, what have your occupancy rates, ADR, and booking trends looked like over the past 12-18 months?


I thank you in advance for any feedback and support while we continue to familiarize and prepare ourselves to get started.

Sincerely,

Justin Battiste

2Reply
24 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender 路 New York, NY 路 Member since 2023 路 749 posts 路 510 votes
    2y

    Welcome to the BP community Justin! This site is an incredible platform that has numerous resources so definitely take advantage of it all. I'd love to get you started with your first rental property.

    Would love to connect.

  • Member since 2023 路 9 posts 路 4 votes
    2y

    Sloane,

    Thanks for the welcome to the BP community! I am really looking forward to networking with and learning from the large community of experienced investors over the coming days, weeks, months, and years!

    I would love to connect and learn more about how you may be able to support us with our first rental. I'll follow up with you soon!

    Justin

  • Phillip CostaPro Member
    Rental Property Investor 路 Poconos, PA 路 Member since 2018 路 32 posts 路 17 votes
    2y

    Hey Justin, 

    Welcome the the BP community and to the Poconos STR market. We are experienced in the area and would be happy to answer any questions you may have along the journey!

    Feel free to send me a PM and I will be more than happy to connect with you 馃憤

  • Member since 2023 路 1 post 路 0 votes
    2y

    Hi Justin,

    Welcome to BP & congrats on embarking on the next step in your STR ventures!

    I am a local agent to the Poconos & Lehigh Valley and have helped many investors/management companies with their STR acquisitions!

    I'd be happy to share key people in my network.

    I'd love to chat if you have any questions at all! 

    Angela Carden 

  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist 路 West Palm Beach, FL 路 Member since 2008 路 4k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
    2y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets, Justin! It's great to have you here on your real estate journey.

    -Julio

  • River SavaPro Member
    Lender 路 USA 路 Member since 2022 路 1k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
    2y

    Welcome Justin!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.