Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Paul Sandhu#4 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • The worst town to live in, KS
Votes |
Do you diss people that diss your STR?

Paul Sandhu#4 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • The worst town to live in, KS
Posted

I've been renting several houses to a group of 10-12 refinery contractors since Memorial Day. Some of them have been transferred to another job, and their company sent in replacements over the weekend. I met a guy and his wife Saturday and showed them my only place available for a group that small. They dissed it. Today, at the medical clinic where I work, the guy that dissed my STR came in for a drug screen to begin work. Him, and two other guys that are renting from me came in. I asked the guy that dissed me where he was staying. Motel.

So I gave the two guys a Snickers bar after their drug screen.  The guy that dissed me got no candy.  

Do you think that was kind of mean?  Or is it appropriate not to give candy to someone staying in a motel that disses your place and give candy to people renting from you?  A few weeks earlier I gave their boss a case of beer when he got an additional paying renter to stay in an unused bedroom in his house he was renting from me.

Loading replies...