Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes

VRBOs new Terms of Service

Posted

I finally got around to reading the new terms of service.  A few interesting things but one in particular:

3.7.1 To purchase a Subscription Listing, Host must make an order by means of the Site's online order form and pay Vrbo the fees for the relevant Listing, which may or may not be accepted by Vrbo ("Subscription Listing Fees"). The price of a Subscription Listing is specified in the list of current rates on the Site. If you act as a consumer and unless any of the legal exceptions apply, you have rights to cancel the Subscription Listing Fees during the cooling off period. The 'cooling off period' is fourteen calendar days from date of entry into these Terms. If you change your mind during the cooling off period, you can cancel by notifying us by contacting Customer Service (English), Customer Service (French) or Customer Service (Portuguese) (as applicable) and we'll refund you (if applicable) any monies paid within 14 calendar days. Vrbo is not accepting new Subscription Listings and will only allow the renewal of prior Subscription Listings.

It sounds like most don't do the subscription listing from what I read here but it's always been a no brainer for me.  With one good in season rental week it pretty much pays for itself to have 3% fee all year.  They are no longer accepting subscriptions?  They must really be desperate for income!

Also interestingly re: ranking, I've been struggling with VRBO ranking in the last 6 months.  I've tried everything and done everything "right" according to what everyone says (professional photos, changing rates, premier host, updating listing frequently)...well this was a surprise..."rate consistency".  My rates are very inconsistent and wondering if that is what hurts.  My in season rates can be up to 3 times as much as off season.  Thoughts?

As always VRBO and Airbnb are for VRBO and Airbnb...

Loading replies...