Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Sherylyn Holden
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
New STR Rules in San Antonio affecting Hosts!

Sherylyn Holden
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Posted

San Antonio has been one of the cities with the largest increase in short-term rentals in recent years. Given this, the city of San Antonio has changed their short-term rental rules and regulations. Below you can find a quick FAQ sheet of the updates they have implemented and will be implementing soon.

Quick Overview:

- The cost of application fees has increased

- Platforms will remove listings without legitimate permit numbers

- Platforms will have to remit the Hotel taxes directly to the city of San Antonio (Operators still have to file revenue reports monthly)

- STR operators can change the operator of the permit without a new application being required (it seems the permits are still non-transferable upon sale, however)

- Updated Party Prevention measures

My Take:

This should weed out some hosts that have not been abiding by the permit requirements. The fee increase for the permit was not exorbitant so that likely won't be a deterrent for professional hosts and investors. Having the platforms remit the taxes should ease the burden on most hosts having to do that each month currently.

Loading replies...