Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Paulette Midgette
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
Buyer's Agent Agreement or Not?

Paulette Midgette
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Posted

Hi There,

I am from Philadelphia, PA and will be visiting Myrtle Beach next month with the goal of purchasing my first STR ever. The local agent has sent me an agency document and I am wondering if it is worth signing on to the buyer's agent relationship or to simply remain a customer. In Philly, I know full well want to expect as a customer vs having a buyer's agent agreement. Basically here there are no significant differences. What is the advantage/disadvantage in MB. I understand that SC is a lawyer closing state. What does this mean with respect to closing and closing cost? PA is a title company state and I use them to order title insurance, estimate closing costs, hold escrow funds, etc. Will a lawyer perform these types of duties? Is the lawyer paid separately or is the fee wrapped into the closing costs?

I appreciate all the education I can get here.

P.

Loading replies...