Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Landlording & Rental Properties
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Tim Houzenga
  • Morrison, IL
Votes |
What has BiggerPockets done for you?

Tim Houzenga
  • Morrison, IL
Posted Jan 19 2021, 12:02

I had wanted to start a real estate investment portfolio when I was 21 years old and still in the military (roughly 2007).  Missed out on a darn good time to start too!  I did not have a tenant move into my first rental property until 2017.  I had read book after book after book... listened to virtually every "Real Estate Guys Radio Podcast".... watched Income Property... took real estate courses.... etc... and never got to the point where I was confident enough to pull the trigger.  I was always to comfortable.  One serious case of analysis paralysis!  

BiggerPockets gave me the confidence to move forward and go against all the naysayers and other "comfortable" peoples' opinions.  In particular Brandon Turner and his books.  Since 2017 I have added a door per year and plan to continue to do so until I retire from my W2.  Yes, I like my job and love real estate and it is hard as hell to strike a balance sometimes.

At my time of retirement I should have 31 doors (one for each day of the month) and every year post retirement should have a property POP (mortgage paid off) and boost my income.  Ultimately leaving a highly conservative portfolio for the kiddos to manage or sell off at their convenience.  

Just wanted to give a big shoutout to the BP team and to let em know we appreciate what they are doing.  Cheers!

Loading replies...