Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Landlording & Rental Properties
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy Clark
  • Contractor
  • Pembroke, MA
Votes |
Easy Street Property Management

Jeremy Clark
  • Contractor
  • Pembroke, MA
Posted Sep 10 2020, 13:03

Anyone ever heard of or dealt with Easy Street Property Management? If so what has been your experience? Read a lot of reviews from renters and some Landlords and not impressed but can’t always trust reviews...

User Stats

Votes
Rebecca A.
Pro Member
  • Bakersfield, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Bakersfield, CA
Replied Jan 22 2021, 11:10

Great, until your under contract with them.  After that good luck in getting any help with your account management or even a call back.

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy Clark
  • Contractor
  • Pembroke, MA
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • Pembroke, MA
Replied Jan 25 2021, 17:19

Yeah the reviews weren’t too good so I decided to buy in a different market. Have you looked into a different management company in the area? 

Hemlane logo
Hemlane
|
Sponsored
The future of property management is here! Automate rent, repairs, and listings & get 70% more free time back in your life!

User Stats

Votes
Rebecca A.
Pro Member
  • Bakersfield, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Bakersfield, CA
Replied Jan 25 2021, 19:23

I am currently looking into the area now for someone else to manage my properties.  I will share the information I find.

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Jan 26 2021, 05:25

Remember: cheaper doesn't mean you'll make more money.

You can start by going to www.narpm.org to search their directory of managers. These are professionals with additional training and a stricter code of ethics. It's no guarantee but it's a good place to start. Regardless of how you find them, try to interview at least three managers

1. Ask how many units they manage and how much experience they have. If it's a larger organization, feel free to inquire about their different staff qualifications.

2. Review their management agreement. Make sure it explicitly explains the process for termination if you are unhappy with their services, but especially if they violate the terms of your agreement.

3. Understand the fees involved and calculate the total cost for an entire year of management so you can compare the different managers. It may sound nice to pay a 5% management fee but the extra fees can add up to be more than the other company that charges 10% with no add-on fees. Fees should be clearly stated, easy to understand, and justifiable. If you ask the manager to justify a fee and he starts hemming and hawing, move on or require them to remove the fee. Don't be afraid to negotiate!

4. Review their lease agreement and addenda. Think of all the things that could go wrong and see if the lease addresses them: unauthorized pets or tenants, early termination, security deposit, lease violations, late rent, eviction, lawn maintenance, parking, etc.

5. Don't just read the lease! Ask the manager to explain their process for dealing with maintenance, late rent, evictions, turnover, etc. If they are professional, they can explain this quickly and easily. If they are VERY professional, they will have their processes in writing as verification that it is enforced equally and fairly by their entire staff.

6. Ask to speak with some of their current owners and current/former tenants. You can also check their reviews online at Google, Facebook, or Yelp. Just remember: most negative reviews are written by problematic tenants. The fact they are complaining online might be an indication the property manager dealt with them properly so be sure to ask the manager for their side of the story.

7. Look at their marketing strategy. Are they doing everything they can to expose properties to the widest possible market? Are their listings detailed with good quality photos? Can they prove how long it takes to rent a vacant property?

This isn't inclusive but should give you a good start. If you have specific questions about property management, I'll be happy to help!

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Dave E.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Jun 16 2021, 11:09

My personal experience with Easy Street out of Davenport has been very negative.  I would suggest investors stay away.  

User Stats

Votes
Karl Hendrickson
  • Saint Paul, MN
Votes |
  • Saint Paul, MN
Replied Apr 25 2023, 18:12

@Jeremy Clark

My experience has been terrible. I have my own part to play in lack of due diligence in my purchase from Rent to Retirement that is now “managed” by East Street, but the service is terrible.

I had to evict a tenant in December, it’s now April, and I haven’t even gotten a complete scope of work for turnover, or price, let alone getting started. Emails go unanswered for days or weeks. Phone calls go to a holding service.

Stay away.

User Stats

Votes
Rebecca A.
Pro Member
  • Bakersfield, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Bakersfield, CA
Replied Apr 25 2023, 18:59

I got screwed by Rent to Retirement and Easy Street. I definitely trusted they were there to help me navigate a first time investment purchase from out of state. The house was supposedly flipped and tenant in place.  We found out through my current property management and the city inspector that things were not updated correctly. We were fined and the house shut down and tenant removed because it wasn't liveable and they did some shotty work. Stay away from rent to retirement and Easy Street.