Rialto, CA · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 3 votes
Hello,
These are troubling times and I can completely empathize with all of those who have lost their income or health. However, I currently have a tenant who has not paid rent prior to this crisis and I believe they are using this eviction ban as an excuse to further not pay. I have attempted to communicate with the tenant and they have failed to both respond to my text or answer my calls. I have not received any indication that they have lost their job or been in poor health. From my understanding, evictions have been stopped for those who have lost their job, had hours cut, or been sick during this pandemic. If the tenant does not provide proof of these, will I still be able to evict? March rent is 24 days overdue, and I fear this will continue through April and May. I am curious if all evictions have been stopped, or will they be considered on a case by case basis.
Investor · Shelton, WA · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 6k+ votes
6y
@Antonio Ramos any evictions in Ca will be tough if they happen at all. Currently the municipal courthouses are not even open. You might try cash for keys. All the best!
Investor · Shelton, WA · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 6k+ votes
6y
@Antonio Ramos any evictions in Ca will be tough if they happen at all. Currently the municipal courthouses are not even open. You might try cash for keys. All the best!
Rental Property Investor · Vienna, Austria · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 3 votes
6y
@Antonio Ramos - I am in a similar situation in LA country... tenants started paying late before the crisis, have continued paying late each month and now have stopped, but with no indication of hardship from Covid19. Have you had any luck getting your tenants to pay or move out? Appreciate any insights!
Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 8 votes
6y
Im not in California but here in Michigan all evictions have been shut down unless there is excessive damage or an immediate health hazard. I have one tenant who hasn't paid in 6 months, broken 6 of the 7 windows in the unit, put a hole in the hallway I just had skim coated and repainted, kicked in the front door to the point the jamb actually came out of a plaster wall, broke the glass window on their apartment door, broke the shower glass door, broke another small window on a basement door, kicked in a door leading to the mechanical room so their homeless friend could sleep in the room and subsequently died last week of a heroin overdose in said mechanical room. Now 2 court dates and one zoom bench trial later I need to provide specific dates of damages. LOL I couldn't make this horror story up if I tried. I figure I will be out about $20,000 once their finally out and rehab is done this is including 2 attorney fees. I just thought i would share this story with you to let you know you don't have it that bad yet. Luckily I bought right and it's not a huge deal in the long term scope. Good luck
Hello Dan are these actions the result of a soured landlord tenant relationship.
No to the contrary when approached by my attorney to see if she wanted surrender the unit without being legally evicted she said "No Dan is a nice guy and I have nothing bad to say about him but I'm not leaving". It's her son more then her but she is responsible for her self and her guest. She just knows the system very well being a professional tenant. She was inherited from when I bought the place and looking at her record there is a list a mile long of her and her family doing this. I didn't even mentioned she had her daughter and her 2 kids move in as well. 7 people in a 1 bedroom apt.