Rental Property Investor · Odessa, FL · Member since 2017 · 145 posts · 113 votes
Bought a property in Lakeland Florida a few months ago, had it rehabbed and added a new central AC unit. It's a 900 sqft brick house.
Tenant recently started complaining that the ac doesn't drop below 74 (for me thats pretty cold). The AC guy under warranty came to check out the AC and said all is good, went to the attic and saw insulation was low so I had another company come in this week to blow insulation R30.
A couple of days pass and the tenant talks to the PM and tells them that it's still pretty hot and that the temp was 79 until 10 PM!
At this point I have no clue what could be going wrong. All windows have blinds. They are older style windows but that shouldn't be an issue as they were sealed.
Contractor · Oxford, MA · Member since 2018 · 807 posts · 745 votes
7y
@David Tsedaka old windows will definitely be an issue if they're single pane or drafty. R30 is not nearly enough IMO, I do R50+ but also how is the wall insulation? Definitely have a second AC person look at it to make sure it is working good though
Panama City, FL · Member since 2017 · 83 posts · 77 votes
7y
Tenant closing room doors not allowing air to circulate. For an A\C to work a house must be able to breathe. The cold air pumped into every room has to be able to recirculate back to the air handler. I can close one door in my house that separates the livingg areas from the bedrooms and I can tell the difference in an huor.