Las Vegas Rehabilitation Notice for Airbnb

Las Vegas Rehabilitation Notice for Airbnb

Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
Hi, has anyone gotten a rehabilitation notice from Clark County to "cease daily and weekly rental" of their rental property and is familiar with the process to rehabilitate or to submit a rehabilitation plan? I found out the hard way that this wasn't allowed as I was listing rooms on Airbnb. Looking for some guidance on the following questions: 1. Is it sufficient to stop listing on Airbnb or do i need to contact the county office to let them know what I intend to do? 2. Has anyone had experience submitting a rehab plan and what did the plan include? Seems pretty black and white that daily and weekly rentals aren't allowed in my area and wondering if there are any legal strategies related to this. 3. Anything else that I need to consider? Thanks for looking. John
0Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2018 · 403 posts · 474 votes
7y

Best bet is to contact the county and ask. They’ll tell you what they require. Sometimes I think people overthink it. 

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2017 · 89 posts · 52 votes
    7y
    John, from what I understand, if the property is in Las Vegas city, you can get a permit for STR, if it's in Clark county and not LV proper, there is currently no legal way to do STR, once you're on their radar it would be hard to continue.
  • Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2018 · 403 posts · 474 votes
    7y

    What does the notice say? Typically notices from the city or county include information on where to respond. Start there. 

    And ya, you won't be able to run STR at that location. They've got you on the naughty list.

  • Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Steve C. Thanks Steve 

    @Casey Powers It says that I have to "cease daily and weekly rentals" of the property. However, the notice isn't clear on next steps and whether I need to contact the county office to let them know my plan. Have you encountered this or have someone in mind that you could refer? 

    Trying to gather more information before going back to the county. Thanks for the help. 

  • Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2018 · 403 posts · 474 votes
    7y

    Best bet is to contact the county and ask. They’ll tell you what they require. Sometimes I think people overthink it. 

  • Property Manager · 23 states · Member since 2014 · 11 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    Looks like Clark County is being really aggressive about cracking down on STRs:

    https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/politics-and-go...

    Illegal short-term rentals remain a problem in Las Vegas Valley

    Clark County’s crackdown on illegal short-term vacation rentals resulted in a record-shattering number of investigations last year.

    The county opened 501 cases, more than double the number opened in 2016. As of March 24 more than 100 cases have been opened this year.

  • Investor · Corona, CA · Member since 2014 · 746 posts · 372 votes
    7y

    Have you called the county to ask? Best to go to the source rather than asking here.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.