Deduct Furniture and Debris Removal From Security Deposit

Deduct Furniture and Debris Removal From Security Deposit

Residential Landlord · Greenfield, WI · Member since 2013 · 299 posts · 126 votes

A tenant left behind furniture, a clothes dryer and so much debris in the apartment, basement, storage locker and garage that I hired a company to clean it out. 

Yes, I took lots of pictures...lots...

It took 2 guys over 4 hours.

I have a receipt and a copy of the check.

Can I deduct it from the security deposit? 

Thank you,

Arnie

0Reply
27 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    9y

    Absolutely. 

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Yes,, I actually have listed on my move out / cleaning cost this type of thing listed.

    I charge 35.00 per mattress, 50.00 bucks a sofa,, Ect along with labor fee's to move it out.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.