Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Landlording & Rental Properties
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Scott Weaner
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Yardley, PA
Votes |
Section 8 Question: Voucher Not Enough

Scott Weaner
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Yardley, PA
Posted

I am in the process of renting a unit that will be vacant on 9/1. I did find a good prospective tenant who would be my first Section 8 tenant. The problem is that the voucher is not enough to cover the rent that I need to get. Apparently, the tenant is not permitted by the program to pay the difference, which she is able to do. 

I have a detached garage at the property. Could I set up a separate lease for that, which would cover the difference? Does anyone see any potential pitfalls with that plan?

One concern that I have is that if she simply does not pay the garage rent, I will have no standing to evict her from the home.

Loading replies...