Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Thomas Lillevold
  • Petroleum Hauler/Real Estate Investor
  • Chippewa Falls, WI
Votes |
Hello Wisconsin!!!

Thomas Lillevold
  • Petroleum Hauler/Real Estate Investor
  • Chippewa Falls, WI
Posted Dec 3 2015, 18:21

Help!!!   My first Eviction

I recently purchased a property for a steal and quickly found out why I got it so cheap....I just inherited the tenant from hell along with this building.   He refuses to pay rent, he has not paid his utilities, of which the county is tacking on to my taxes.   He does not play well with others at all.    Its like he is living in some sort of fantasy world where he expects to get use of this building rent free.   I am completely perplexed at the mindset of this person. 

I believe the previous owner was a big part of this problem but cannot be sure...I only met him twice before the purchase and he briefly showed up at the closing.    He did not strike me as having a very good business sense and that was confirmed when I saw his leases....they were 3/4 of a page long, didnt collect any security deposits from any of the tenants, worst leases I have ever seen in my life, so I can imagine the screening process took about 2 seconds....Luckily for me 2 out of the 3 tenants have been very good.    

Has anyone ever had a situation like this before?....I have served the PAY RENT OR VACATE notice and sat down with an attorney today to serve the official eviction to this gem of a person.    I was going to handle this myself but its my first eviction since we began 8 years ago and I didnt want to handle my first eviction on my own for fears of missing something...i figured Ill learn a ton from my lawyer during this process that may come in handy...but I hope not.

Does anyone else have anything to add or advice for a first timer at the eviction process?

Loading replies...