Shady laundry contract companies are there any good one's?

Shady laundry contract companies are there any good one's?

Investor · Boise ID · Member since 2014 · 113 posts · 25 votes

Hi All

I have been researching laundry contract companies on BP and have only heard the horror stories. The 5 year leases with automatic renewals and companies that you have to fight through litigation to get their washer and dryer out of your place. I am only trying to add laundry to a multiplex I own for convenience of the tenant and to make the property more attractive to potential renters. Don't need or want to make money on it. Just want to cover the increased utility cost and not have to deal with maintenance or money collection on the machines. I have been talking with Coinmache and in their contract they don't provide for a cancelation police or fee. I understand that it cost money to put the machines in and take them out but if I as a landlord need the machines gone for any reason I want to be able to get rid of them with out paying a lawyer to sue. Has anybody found a good coin op company to work with?

0Reply
9 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Anniston, AL · Member since 2013 · 59 posts · 32 votes
    11y

    Look for local Coin Operated Laundry Equipment Dealers (Speed Queen, IPSO, Dexter, Whirlpool). Many times they will have their own Route Service or be able to recommend one.
    Make a list of your musts and wants and compare the contracts.

    Normally they want to have a fixed contract for a set period of time to cover their costs as it is an investment for them and a convenience for you.
    They need to buy the equipment, pay a service tech to install it, cover all costs of service, repair, collection etc and you provide a room and utilities.

    What if after 6 months you find a better deal or decide to buy your own and tell them to take it out. A this point they haven't covered their expenses and now they have a used machine. 
    Reasonably I would expect at least a 5 year contract with no automatic renewal. My garbage disposal company has that type of contract. The contract should also cover response time to an equipment failure. Typically they will be by about once a week and normally have a service truck with most of the common parts. If you have one washer and dryer and it fails the next day do you have to wait a week? 

    The contract should also state the penalty for early cancellation. With that type of a contract you can send them a check and tell them that the machines need to be removed by a certain date or they will be put by the curb.

  • Investor · Boise ID · Member since 2014 · 113 posts · 25 votes
    11y

    @Ken Barrett Thanks for the Info I did look into local distributers but also found a website that list quite a few here it is maybe someone else will get some good use out of it.

    https://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=clotheswash.pr_clothes_washers_routeops

  • Specialist · Anniston, AL · Member since 2013 · 59 posts · 32 votes
    11y

    Thanks for the link to the website. I know a couple of route guys that may want to get on it. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.