Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Landlording & Rental Properties
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Leticia Ramos
  • Investor
  • California
Votes |
How To Properly Inform Tenants about ADU's Being Built on Property

Leticia Ramos
  • Investor
  • California
Posted

Hello BP Team. We informed our tenants about the possibility of building two ADU's in our property about 2 months ago. We spoke to each tenant and gave them a letter explaining our potential plans. The letter was a template used from CA. Apartment Association. Recently we decided to move forward and submitted our plans to the city. We need to inform our tenants about the new changes and would like some guidance as to which is the best way. We were thinking about having a management company or other professional help generate a letter with details about the scope of the work. Two of our tenants will need to clear out their assigned garage in order to prep that area for one of the ADU's. A common area will need to be cleared as the other ADU will be build. Our goal is to provide tenants with some suggestions as to how they can arrange for new ways to locate their things (storage facility, city yard sales, arrange for hauling service, etc.) Our tenants have been loyal and been there for about 15 years. We understand this can be challenging for our tenants, but we are planning for our children's future and teaching them about the REAL ESTATE benefits.

Do any of you have suggestions as to how we can best approach this or can refer me to someone who can prepare a letter addressing our plans for the build?  Our property is located in South Gate, Los Angeles County. 

Your thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Leticia

Loading replies...