Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Landlording & Rental Properties
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Sandra Youkhana
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
Unlicensed Property Management Company in Jackson Mississippi

Sandra Youkhana
  • Real Estate Agent
Posted

I had a recent experience with Alpha Property Management LLC, owned by Justin Banks. Justin Banks was previously working for Evernest Property Management, a company known for its unprofessionalism and lack of integrity. Despite this, I decided to work with Alpha because Justin claimed that he did not like the way Evernest did things and decided to open his own management company and another property manager recommended him to me. However, during our working relationship, which was literary for 4 months, I found that Alpha engaged in dishonest practices and failed to fulfill their commitments. In addition to other problems, Justin Banks from Alpha Property Management LLC failed to transfer three months' worth of rent payments from the tenants to me, the property owner. Despite my attempts to resolve these issues, Justin Banks, the property manager, tried to manipulate me into feeling guilty by playing the single dad card, relating to the tenant. When I decided to switch to a new property manager, he also failed to transfer the tenant information to the new management company. He said he would comply with the request, but he continuously lied. I've noticed a post on Bigger Pockets by someone named Ashly Cooper who claims to be with Alpha. In the post, Ashly claimed to have opened a property management company with her husband in Jackson Mississippi, but they are not licensed. After experiencing unprofessional and unreliable behavior from Alpha Property Management LLC, I would advise others to steer clear of them. In addition, I discovered that the company is not licensed for property management when I contacted the commission and if you are already working with them then you should move fast and find a new PM. Their lack of ethics and competence resulted in significant and avoidable complications that could have been prevented with a more reputable organization.

Loading replies...