Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Frank Naujokas
Votes |
2023 Chicago Residential Lease

Frank Naujokas
Posted Jan 31 2023, 07:50

Would someone be willing to send me an editable pdf of the 2023 Chicago residential lease agreement? I am trying to update lease agreements but cannot locate this pdf. I would greatly appreciate. 

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Mar 4 2023, 16:30
Quote from @Frank Naujokas:

Would someone be willing to send me an editable pdf of the 2023 Chicago residential lease agreement? I am trying to update lease agreements but cannot locate this pdf. I would greatly appreciate. 

Legal contracts created by REALTOR associations are copyrighted and only for REALTOR member use. This is probably true in every state. That's why so many REALTORS will share it via a DM instead of posting it publicly. They are in violation of copyright law and shouldn't do it.

This is straight from the Chicago Association of REALTORS website:

A reminder that the Chicago Residential Lease, and all of CAR’s forms and contracts, are an exclusive member benefit for use only by Chicago Association of REALTORS® members or those who are party to a transaction facilitated by a Chicago Association of REALTORS® member. Distributing or posting any of CAR’s forms and contracts is a copyright infringement and a violation of the terms of use of our forms.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Adler
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Mar 8 2023, 07:10

In the same boat here, anyone able to send me the editable PDF for 2023?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 11 2023, 15:18

Hello , 

I am in need of the 2023 Chicago Lease as well . If anyone knows where I can locate it , I d appreciate it :) 

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Mar 12 2023, 05:22
Quote from @Joann Chavez:

Hello , 

I am in need of the 2023 Chicago Lease as well . If anyone knows where I can locate it , I d appreciate it :) 

Did you see my warning above?

BiggerPockets sells a Lease Agreement Package under TOOLS for $100 or you can get one from an attorney. 

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 14 2023, 19:03

I am also looking for the 2023 CAR Residential lease. Can someone share it?

User Stats

Votes
Kayla D.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Chicago
Votes |
  • Chicago
Replied Mar 15 2023, 15:24
Quote from @Tom Shallcross:

@Frank Naujokas - I'll DM to you. 

@Sanat Bhandari - Chicago is a little bit of its own beast due to the complexity of our RLTO Ordinance. Therefore, every year attorneys and members of the Chicago Association of Realtors post an updated lease for housing providers to ensure compliance with RLTO and help set housing providers up for success. This lease is typically the standard baseline and then additional covenants can be added. 

Hey Tom,

Would you mind sharing with me as well. I have tenants I moved in last year using TurboTenant and the lease looks different than what I was used to seeing. I just had my other unit inspected by CHA today and want to make ensure I’m using the most current, standardized Illinois template. 

Thanks! 
Kayla

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 17 2023, 07:53

Would greatly appreciate a form for the 2023 lease.  Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 18 2023, 13:07

Would someone mind messaging me and sending me a copy of the 2023 Chicago Association of Realtors lease please!!! Would very much appreciate it!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 19 2023, 22:36

Would someone be willing to share a copy of the 2023 Chicago residential lease template with me as well? Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 22 2023, 11:02

would anyone happen to have a copy of editable chicago apartment lease?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 23 2023, 18:47

Like everyone else on this thread, I would also like a PDF of 2023 Chicago Lease. Thanks in advance if you can share it.

User Stats

Votes
Bryan Malonga
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Mar 27 2023, 10:56
Quote from @Frank Naujokas:

I am in the same boat. I would deeply appreciate if someone could DM a copy of the CAR residential aggreement

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!
Account Closed
Votes |
Replied Mar 28 2023, 17:27

I'd greatly appreciate if someone email me an editable pdf of the 2023 Chicago residential lease agreement as well. 

Thanks in advance!

User Stats

Votes
Kalianna Mehling
  • Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
  • Las Vegas, NV
Replied Mar 28 2023, 21:21

Can someone please share the document with me? :) 

User Stats

Votes
Kalianna Mehling
  • Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
  • Las Vegas, NV
Replied Mar 28 2023, 21:24
Quote from @Tom Shallcross:

@Frank Naujokas - I'll DM to you. 

@Sanat Bhandari - Chicago is a little bit of its own beast due to the complexity of our RLTO Ordinance. Therefore, every year attorneys and members of the Chicago Association of Realtors post an updated lease for housing providers to ensure compliance with RLTO and help set housing providers up for success. This lease is typically the standard baseline and then additional covenants can be added. 

Can you please DM me? 

User Stats

Votes
Maria Bocanegra
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Mar 29 2023, 04:23

all - i need one too! this site has changed a bit and i know @brie schmidt usually posted them in files

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 1 2023, 21:08
Quote from @John Warren:

@Oleg Sobol I will send it to you.

Hi John, any chance you can DM me the 2023 template also?  Many thanks in advance!!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 2 2023, 15:53

@John Warren or @Jonathan Klemm would one of you be able to send me the 2023 Chicago residential lease agreement? I would greatly appreciate it!

User Stats

Votes
Chelsea Pfeiffer
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Apr 6 2023, 14:06

Can I get a copy as well?

Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 25 2023, 11:41

Hi

Would you mind sending me the CAR lease as well?

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Matt C.
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Apr 26 2023, 20:15

Hi @John Warren or @Jonathan Klemm would you be able to DM me the 2023 Chicago CAR residential lease agreement? I can't seem to find the form anywhere and it looks like this is best way to get the current version. Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 29 2023, 17:26
Hello, I as well am in need of the 2023 Association of Realtors lease agreement. I have an investment property and would like to keep using this lease. If anyone is able to share it with me, I would very much appreciate it, thank you!
BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Danielle Parsons
  • New to Real Estate
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Chicago, IL
Replied May 3 2023, 20:33

Hi! Could someone please share a copy of the 2023 CAR lease with me as well? Thanks in advance!

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 8 2023, 06:53

Hello 

I would also appreciate it if someone can send me the editable pdf of the 2023 Chicago residential lease agreement.

Thanks a ton

Reehan

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 9 2023, 18:41

Hi @Jonathan Klemm, would you mind sending me a 2023 lease also?  I will email you now.  Thanks!

Brian