Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Landlording & Rental Properties
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Regina Bailey
Votes |
Chicago Residential Lease Agreement 2023

Regina Bailey
Posted Jan 4 2023, 12:39

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have a copy or know where I can find the Chicago Residential Lease Agreement 2023 Application?

Thanks in advance.

- Regina

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Jan 5 2023, 05:48
Quote from @Regina Bailey:

Are you looking for the "lease agreement" or the "application"? Two different things unless Chicago has something special.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Jarret Remington
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Jan 5 2023, 12:37

Hi Regina

The lease application is the same as that of 2020. If you need the 2023 Chicago Residential Lease Template, please feel free to shoot me your email in a DM and I'll send you a PDF copy. Likewise for the application. 

Baselane logo
Baselane
|
Sponsored
Baselane is the Ultimate All-In-One Banking Platform for REI Built with integrated rent collection & bookkeeping to save time so you can grow your RE business.

User Stats

Votes
Regina Bailey
Votes |
Replied Jan 5 2023, 13:18

Hi Nathan,

Sorry, I should have clarified.  I'm the Landlord and I'm looking for the Chicago Residential Lease Agreement for 2023.

Thanks,

Regina

User Stats

Votes
Regina Bailey
Votes |
Replied Jan 5 2023, 13:20

@Jarret Remington

Hi Jarret,

Thanks for your response.  I will send you an email shortly.

-Regina

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 5 2023, 21:12

Hi @Jarret Remington, any chance you can also send me a copy of 2023 Residential Lease Agreement? Thanks 

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Klemm
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
ModeratorReplied Jan 6 2023, 08:59

Hey @Regina Bailey - If for some reason you didn't get the Chicago lease from others above feel free to reach out to me and I can provide it.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 6 2023, 10:26

@Jonathan Klemm any chance you can you can provide me with a copy of the 2023 Chicago residential lease agreement? Thanks 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 9 2023, 12:38

@Jonathan Klemm If you can send me a copy of the 2023 Lease Agreement, that'd be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 13 2023, 09:04

@Jarret Remington @Jonathan Klemm would you mind sending to me too??

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Klemm
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
ModeratorReplied Jan 13 2023, 10:02

Hey @Isaac Martinez & @Raymond Eng - Feel free to shoot me an email under my BP signature and I can definitely send you the Chicago association of Realtors 2023 lease.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 13 2023, 17:57

@Jonathan Klemm Can you send me a copy of the 2023 Chicago lease too.

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Klemm
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
ModeratorReplied Jan 16 2023, 08:04

Hey @Maria Zavala - Of course, no problem.  Just shoot me an email and I can send over the 2023 Chicago lease too.

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 18 2023, 18:02

Hey @Jonathan Klemm - Could you send me a copy of the 2023 Lease Agreement as well. Thank you in advance.

User Stats

Votes
Sarah Hambrook
  • Homeowner
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Homeowner
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Jan 19 2023, 08:58

Hi Everyone-

I would appreciate it if someone would share the 2023 Chicago Residential Lease Agreement with me, also.

Thanks very much,

Sarah

User Stats

Votes
Corby Goade
Property Manager
Agent
  • Investor
  • Boise, ID
Votes |
Property Manager
Agent
  • Investor
  • Boise, ID
Replied Jan 19 2023, 10:39

This is a pretty standard rookie mistake- don't just grab lease from one of us yahoos and hope it's okay. Sit down with your attorney and pay for their lease. It will probably cost you a few hundred dollars, but a free lease from google will very likely cost you much, much more. 

Best of luck. 

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Klemm
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
ModeratorReplied Jan 20 2023, 06:27

Hey @Corby Goade - Just for your own reference since I know you aren't local.  CAR Chicago Association of Realtors develops a standard lease with local attorneys & industry-leading realtors each year.  It also abides by the residential landlord-tenant ordinance, which if you use other leases is where a lot of things can be missed.

So while I don't recommend using it without understanding it, it has been pre-vetted by attorneys so is actually a pretty good lease to use for anyone new or old (but specific to Chicago)

User Stats

Votes
Brie Schmidt
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Chicago, IL
ModeratorReplied Jan 20 2023, 15:28
Quote from @Corby Goade:

This is a pretty standard rookie mistake- don't just grab lease from one of us yahoos and hope it's okay. Sit down with your attorney and pay for their lease. It will probably cost you a few hundred dollars, but a free lease from google will very likely cost you much, much more. 

Best of luck. 

We have a specific lease used in the city of Chicago that changes every year to maintain compliance with our ordinance and local laws.  So everyone is asking for the new 2023 version because the 2022 version is no longer compliant 

Second City Real Estate Logo

User Stats

Votes
Corby Goade
Property Manager
Agent
  • Investor
  • Boise, ID
Votes |
Property Manager
Agent
  • Investor
  • Boise, ID
Replied Jan 21 2023, 06:19
Quote from @Brie Schmidt:
Quote from @Corby Goade:

Best of luck. 

We have a specific lease used in the city of Chicago that changes every year to maintain compliance with our ordinance and local laws.  So everyone is asking for the new 2023 version because the 2022 version is no longer compliant Very

That's actually very cool, did not know that (obviously). In my state, property management is completely unregulated- generally, that's a good thing for business, but man, you should see some of the leases we inherit. It's unreal that people trust their life savings to something that they either just made up or found on some random forum. It's the wild west here. 

User Stats

Votes
Brie Schmidt
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Chicago, IL
ModeratorReplied Jan 23 2023, 08:33
Quote from @Corby Goade:
Quote from @Brie Schmidt:
Quote from @Corby Goade:

Best of luck. 

We have a specific lease used in the city of Chicago that changes every year to maintain compliance with our ordinance and local laws.  So everyone is asking for the new 2023 version because the 2022 version is no longer compliant Very

That's actually very cool, did not know that (obviously). In my state, property management is completely unregulated- generally, that's a good thing for business, but man, you should see some of the leases we inherit. It's unreal that people trust their life savings to something that they either just made up or found on some random forum. It's the wild west here. 

We have one of the strictest ordinances in the country. So our realtor association and their team of lawyers puts together a compliant lease that pretty much everyone uses.

Second City Real Estate Logo

User Stats

Votes
Austin Pearson
  • Property Manager
  • Chicago
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Chicago
Replied Jan 24 2023, 11:41

While the standard Chiacago Association of Realtor's City of Chicago 2023 lease is updated and compliant with new 2023 security deposit rates and local ordinance, we always recommend implimenting an additional "overlay" or addendum that helps protect the landlord against many things that the standard lease cannot standardize that many landlords would like to, like no smoking. I believe that the current 2023 standard city of chicago lease from CAR allows the tenants to smoke inside the unit.

User Stats

Votes
Eudith Vacio
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago & NWI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago & NWI
Replied Jan 27 2023, 06:24

@Austin Pearson - do you use any additional addendums for your rentals? Just curious 🧐 

User Stats

Votes
Austin Pearson
  • Property Manager
  • Chicago
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Chicago
Replied Jan 27 2023, 10:04
Quote from @Eudith Vacio:

@Austin Pearson - do you use any additional addendums for your rentals? Just curious 🧐 

Hi Eudith - Yes we do, I would be happy to share and help. There are a few things that might need to be changed that I can recommend depending on your processes, systems and the proprty itself. Shoot me a DM or email me with your details. 

BAM Capital  logo
BAM Capital
|
Sponsored
Your Path to Generational Wealth We offer wealth-building and income-producing real estate opportunities for accredited investors.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 28 2023, 13:43

Can someone please help share a pdf of the doc in this chat? Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Sabrina Patterson
  • New to Real Estate
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Jan 29 2023, 14:23

Hi all - 

I am also seeking the 2023 Chicago Association of Realtors Lease Agreement if someone would not minding sharing.

Thank you advance!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 29 2023, 17:35

Is this available anywhere to download or can someone send it to me as well??