Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Landlording & Rental Properties
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Lawrence Briggs
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Landlord Software: Avail vs. Innago ?!

Lawrence Briggs
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Posted

Hello everyone! Next week, I will be closing on my first single family investment property. Currently, the property is vacant. I will be self-managing it. After doing some initial research, Avail and Innago appears to be very popular Landlord software programs. Has anyone used Avail and/or  Innago, if so, it would be greatly appreciated to know your experiences with both or either.

User Stats

Votes
Zuriel M.
  • Investor
  • Lawton, OK
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Lawton, OK
Replied

I havent tried Innago. I chose Avail compared to the leading ones because of the mass syndication on listings. Once you list a property, that sucker goes everywhere. I live in a small town and get at least 10 applicants everytime I list. Avail recently got bought by Realtor.com and Avail has live customer support every time I have a question. I have to manually list on big sites like Zillow and Facebook. Rent collection is free only with the subscription, does credit building, great rental contract generator, site is very simple in design. I pay 5$ per rental I think this scales nicely.

User Stats

Votes
Lawrence Briggs
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied

@Zuriel M. thank you so much for your feedback. Does Avail allow you to customize your lease and add additional addendums? From prior research, it appears that Avail is on accessible via website; it does not have a mobile app yet? Also, are there any accounting features such as bein able to pull leasing reports?

BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Jasmine Delves
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
  • Denver, CO
Replied
Avail is great for listings and you can create state-specific leases with custom clauses. It lacks a little in the property accounting side though, so if you end up growing your portfolio, it might be more useful to use software with additional features such as bank feed integration, advanced tax reporting, and receipt scanning. 

It really depends on what you are hoping to get out of the software (for example, your priority might be tenant screening or management or accounting). Lots have free trials/free plans that you can take advantage of and see what works for you.

User Stats

Votes
Lawrence Briggs
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied

@Jasmine Delves thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate it!  For me, I am wanting more managing and accounting features, if possible. 

User Stats

Votes
Mary Smith
  • Rental Property Investor
Votes |
Replied

@Lawrence Briggs This might not be too helpful for you now, since I'm sure you've probably already picked between the two. But since this might help any future landlords out here in the community, I just wanted to say that we use Innago and we're a big fan! The software is really intuitive and easy to use. They also have a lot of helpful resources when you're just starting to use the software, like their webinar and also my account manager has been extremely helpful. From rent collection to screening my tenants, Innago has been such a time saver for us!

User Stats

Votes
Tommy Parker
  • Property Manager
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied
Quote from @Mary Smith:

@Lawrence Briggs This might not be too helpful for you now, since I'm sure you've probably already picked between the two. But since this might help any future landlords out here in the community, I just wanted to say that we use Innago and we're a big fan! The software is really intuitive and easy to use. They also have a lot of helpful resources when you're just starting to use the software, like their webinar and also my account manager has been extremely helpful. From rent collection to screening my tenants, Innago has been such a time saver for us!

Yeah I'd have to second that! I went with Innago and they make it easy for me to use. 

User Stats

Votes
Lawrence Briggs
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied
Quote from @Mary Smith:

Thank you @Mary Smith !!!

User Stats

Votes
Lawrence Briggs
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied
Quote from @Tommy Parker:
Quote from @Mary Smith:

Yeah I'd have to second that! I went with Innago and they make it easy for me to use. 

Thank you @Tommy Parker

User Stats

Votes
Zach C.
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied

Adding my experience to the pile. I've used Avail for several years after switching over from Apartments.com. I found Avail's dashboard and ability to advertise across syndicated listing sites initially appealing given I manage multiple coliving rentals. The software wasn't perfect but it was a much better user experience than Apartments.com. I upgraded to Unlimited Plus a few months after use when it was still $5/month. The main draw was the elimination of the ACH fees that tenants pay and FastPay rent payments. Avail also threw in customizable applications, leases, a personalized website, etc., for which I rarely found use, though.

Fast forward after a few years of use. Quicker receipt of rent payments never really happened. The time a tenant pays through Avail until the rent payment hits my bank has remained the same length of time (3-4 days). Additionally, Avail announced it was raising prices to $9/month in July 2024. Knowing that I wasn't receiving much value for what I was paying, I decided to conduct research and see what else was out there that could provide most of what I needed at acceptable pricing (subjective, I know).

I'm in the process of testing out Innago. I like the detailed tutorials, clean dashboard (better interface, IMO), more customization of properties, low ACH fees to renters, and the ability to still list across syndicated listing sites. I'll have a more informed experience in a few weeks once I've completed my test run of the software.

While it might be perceived as biased, Innago offers a decent summary of their software vs. Avail on the company's website: Link

User Stats

Votes
Lawrence Briggs
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied

@Zach C., thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it! I decided to use Innago. I have been using them for over 2 years now. I love it!

User Stats

Votes
Dave Spooner
Pro Member
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied

@Zach C. let us know if we can help at all in your transition! We're active here so feel free to DM