4Plex and multi unit residential investment Property

WantPropertiesResidentialFourplex
Classifieds

4Plex and multi unit residential investment Property

Investor · Redondo Beach, CA · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 5 votes

Hi Guys! Just joined and FIRED UP to be a part of the BP Community!

I'm currently looking at investing in 4Plex, Triplex, and Duplex properties in the Bakersfield area in Kern county Ca. Would love to connect with others experienced in multi unit residential property in general or this area specifically.  

0Reply
5 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2015 · 483 posts · 234 votes
    9y
    Hi Matt Nuttall Glad you are looking in the Bakersfield area. I think there can be some good opportunities in the area, especially against the SoCal area, plus the price point can be much more attractive for a purchase as well. It's definitely a hot market (I.e. Quick moving and multiple offer on properties) but a lot of investors from your area and up north are coming into the Kern county area to invest. If you would like to discuss further, feel free to PM me as well. Best of luck!
  • Gene HackerPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Lake Isabella, CA · Member since 2011 · 969 posts · 488 votes
    9y

    @Matt Nuttall , welcome to the bigger pockets forum. 

    I have rentals in the foothills to the east of Bakersfield, but I work in Bakersfield regularly.  

    I agree with Sanjeev that the small multifamily market is very hot right now. 

    The good news is that, overall the Bakersfield market is still far below the pre-recession peak. Some investors are still putting together some pretty attractive deals.  

  • Investor · Redondo Beach, CA · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    Thanks for your reply Sanjeev! i went out to Bakersfield in person this week and have begun my search with another local agent with Coldwell Banker. Really appreciate you reaching out and please keep me posted if you find any deals that cash flow. Thanks again

  • Investor · Redondo Beach, CA · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    @Gene Hacker Thanks for the insight Gene. I currently came across a Fourplex off Olive St in Bakersfield.. looked like a nice property but the cash flows wernt as high as i would prefer. Going to look at as many properties as possible to make an educated decision. So new to this market.

    Thanks for your reply!

    Matt 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.