Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Classifieds
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Josh Carter
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Brooklyn, NY
Votes |
Live in Historic Upper West Side 4 Bed Co-Op for over $1M Net Profit Value Add

Josh Carter
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Brooklyn, NY
Posted

4 Bedroom Co-op for sale in Emery Roth's Inaugural Residential Project from 1899. Emery Roth is a famous Manhattan architect known for very high end luxury buildings, this unit was not only his first residential project but it is the last unit left in the building with all of his original details, moldings, features - a collector's item. Everything is maintained well and in good condition (only 2 different families have lived here since 1899). Apt was designed in 1899 with Italian Renaissance style in mind, features 3 fireplaces (now decorative), roman columns in library, original ceilings and wood paneling from gilded age and some light fixtures still in place (electricity fully upgraded). Kitchen currently set as galley with extra dining nook, although there is a separate dining room, living room and library. Apt also has had track lighting installed to hallway ceiling and a recently renovated jack and jill bathroom.

Building just redid brand new roofdeck with views of Broadway and Central Park, also redid gym which has full array of weights, cardio machines, rowing machine and natural light. This also is the LOWEST monthly costs for any Upper West Side 4 bedroom coop as the building leases commercial space to Wells Fargo.

The sellers are downsizing and found the downsize of their dreams and really slashed the price on this to facilitate a faster sale.

HUGE After Repair Value - giving the buyer a lot of room to work with for potential upgrades https://streeteasy.com/building/255-west-90-street-new_york/9c - This is at The Cornwall which was a 1910 development of Neville and Bagge, a rival company of Emery Roth who was also well known. This unit fully restored went for $4.65 in april, building is very similar but no roofdeck or gym and higher maintenance). I think this apt is a great opportunity in a rare buyers market for a live in investor to really make a profit on a coop and add a homerun property to their financial portfolio.

If interested please shoot me an email or text for quickest response (not sure if allowed to post here but will be on listing site in URL)