Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Classifieds
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Bernard Griffin
Votes |
User Stats

Votes
Jason Taken
Lender
  • Lender
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
  • Chicago, IL
Replied May 4 2024, 18:14

We've got a litany of clients picking up properties in the lower value markets that cash flow like crazy. Think - Ohio markets, Indiana markets, southern states that aren't major metro. Lots of opportunity out there!

User Stats

Votes
Samuel Diouf#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Samuel Diouf#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied May 5 2024, 10:57

Columbus, Ohio is a great market to consider if you're leaning towards appreciation. Multiple, billion dollar companies are investing heavy in our area, such as Intel, Google, and Amazon. Which will bring plenty of other investors and general business to the area. I moved here from Florida after seeing the projected growth.

Demo
Practice finding and analyzing deals
Tulsa, OK
$231,902 - Median Home Value
5.97% - YoY Rent Growth
$1,351 - Median Rental Income
0.58% - Rent/Price Ratio
4.56% - Appreciation
0.77% - Population Growth Rate
Find Deals

User Stats

Votes
Remington Lyman
Agent
#2 Classifieds Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
#2 Classifieds Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied May 6 2024, 06:11
Quote from @Bernard Griffin:

Looking for good place for rental properties 

Glad to have you on BiggerPockets!! There are some in Ohio

User Stats

Votes
Simon Ashbaugh#2 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Realtor
  • Columbus Ohio, Cleveland Ohio
Votes |
Simon Ashbaugh#2 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Realtor
  • Columbus Ohio, Cleveland Ohio
Replied May 6 2024, 10:22

Hey Bernard, I suggest that you take a closer look at Cleveland and Columbus for excellent investment opportunities. In these cities, your financial resources will go a long way enabling you to assemble a diverse multifamily portfolio and initiate a steady stream of income.

User Stats

Votes
Jimmy Lieu
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied May 7 2024, 09:34

I like Columbus Ohio because I see it being one of the biggest metropolitan cities in the next 10-20 years, all signs are pointing here! Population is growing aggressively and jobs are moving here especially with major employers like Intel, Google, Amazon, Nationwide, etc. On top of that, you have one of the biggest and best universities in the world here with Ohio State University. The cost of living is extremely low compared to other cities and you can still many many positive cash flowing and 1% deals here. On top of that, you get great appreciation and very landlord friendly laws. Tons of investors are buying Columbus up! As an investor and agent here, let me know if you have any questions or want to connect

User Stats

Votes
Harrison Chow
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied May 10 2024, 11:51

Hi there! Columbus is an excellent choice for rental properties. Let's connect and discuss the exciting opportunities it offers!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 15 2024, 11:16

Hey Bernard,

Great to see you're on the hunt for rental property opportunities! There are a ton of factors to consider when looking for the right area—like rental demand, property prices, and cash flow potential.

If you're open to out-of-state options, Indianapolis has been a fantastic market for investors lately. It's a growing city with affordable property prices, strong rental demand, and solid cash flow. I personally work with investors focusing on new construction duplexes here, which offer great returns and minimal maintenance.

Feel free to reach out if you'd like more info on this market or want help narrowing down the best areas for your investment goals!

Best of luck with your search,
Ryan Cheek

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 15 2024, 11:23

I'm seeing Jacksonville FL on the rise right now. Also, if you're interested in any passive investing we have a multifam portfolio in JAX right now with a 29%IRR and 36mo hold as well as some other solid deals.

User Stats

Votes
Kumar R.
Property Manager
  • Property Manager
  • Destin, FL
Votes |
Property Manager
  • Property Manager
  • Destin, FL
Replied Aug 15 2024, 11:26

Hey @Bernard Griffin, great markets along emerald coast of FL. Destin stands out for it's water and beaches. Plenty to choose from Navarre to Panama City. 

User Stats

Votes
Kumar R.
Property Manager
  • Property Manager
  • Destin, FL
Votes |
Property Manager
  • Property Manager
  • Destin, FL
Replied Aug 15 2024, 11:27

@Zach Stevenson would love to know more about Jacksonville markets. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 15 2024, 11:32
Quote from @Kumar R.:

@Zach Stevenson would love to know more about Jacksonville markets. 

Just shot you an email!

User Stats

Votes
Aristotle Kumpis
  • Investor
  • Lake Forest, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Lake Forest, CA
Replied Aug 15 2024, 16:17

We have lots of options in places like South Bend, Birmingham, or Indianapolis. Price points in the $130K for a turnkey property. 

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
Lindsay Davis
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Birmingham, AL
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Birmingham, AL
Replied Aug 19 2024, 16:12

@Bernard Griffin,

Beyond Birmingham, which Aristotle Kumpis just mentioned, there are other markets in Alabama like Tuscaloosa, Montgomery, or Huntsville that are potentially worth checking out as well.

I think it’d be helpful to have more information about your goals and buying criteria first, but I’d say that Tuscaloosa is generally a pretty interesting market. Although it’s only about 60 miles southwest (about one hour’s drive) from Birmingham, it benefits demographically from being the home of the University of Alabama.

UA’s enrollment has doubled since the start of the century, and the college town’s population has increased by 50% over the same period. This means that it’s growing a lot faster than most of the state’s other markets, Birmingham included.

Anyway, I just wanted to put Tuscaloosa on your radar—hope it was helpful!

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
#1 Investor Mindset Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied Aug 22 2024, 04:35

Cleveland has been the #1 overall rental market for about 10 years last few years in top 3. Forbes had it as # 1 2018 - 19. They were not paying attention as prior we were getting 30 35% net. We are still able to provide our clients with 9 14% NET based on cash purchases as prices have doubled, tripled, quadrupled or much more.  100% hands off. I just picked up another SF all in 75k, rent will be 1500, value about 125k, Duplex all in 90k, rents will be 1800- 2k, value about 135k.  Not sure where you can get better deals. I will close next week on another duplex, all in 95k, rents will be 1800- 2k, . If there is a market with better overall #s please let me know, we will build a team there. 

BTW, I will sell one of mine, PP 115k, value about 125kish, rented sec 8, 1600, Needs zero repairs, taxes about 1500. Duplex PP 120k, rents will be 1800- 2k, I have as many as you want :) 

Good luck 

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied Aug 22 2024, 04:44
Quote from @Aristotle Kumpis:

We have lots of options in places like South Bend, Birmingham, or Indianapolis. Price points in the $130K for a turnkey property. 

130k how much is the rent? Also, when you say turnkey, new roof, or not older then 7- 8 years, windows, furnace HW tanks, all cosmetic?

User Stats

Votes
Brendan Harrison
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Replied Aug 26 2024, 06:19

Oklahoma - specifically OKC & Tulsa markets.

User Stats

Votes
James Wachob
Property Manager
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
Property Manager
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Memphis, TN
Replied Aug 26 2024, 06:36

Memphis TN holds a lot of hidden opportunities. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions. 

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Ray
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Memphis, TN
Replied Aug 26 2024, 22:08

Memphis TN baby! Happy to jump on a call to show you how I invest in Memphis TN real estate, feel free to DM, Talk soon!

eXp Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
Wale Lawal
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX
Replied Aug 27 2024, 04:51

@Bernard Griffin

Texas has a variety of rental properties, including cash flow-focused areas like Alief, Katy, and Spring Branch, appreciation-focused areas like The Heights, East Downtown, Rice Military/Washington Corridor, and Midtown, balanced areas like Cypress, Pearland, Sugar Land, and Clear Lake/Webster, and emerging areas like Third Ward, Fifth Ward, and Near Northside. The best Houston area for you is determined by your financial objectives. If financial flow is your primary concern, choose Alief, Katy, Spring Branch, The Heights, Midtown, or East Downtown.

Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
James Wachob
Property Manager
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
Property Manager
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Memphis, TN
Replied Aug 27 2024, 07:39

Memphis is a great market for investors, offering strong rental yields and affordable property prices. The city’s diverse economy and steady population growth support high demand for rental properties. With ongoing neighborhood revitalizations, there’s potential for property value increases. Whether you’re interested in single-family homes, multifamily units, or commercial properties, Memphis could be a smart investment choice. Let me know if you want to explore more about it!