Seeking Adviser for Commercial Deal in Miami, FL.

Seeking Adviser for Commercial Deal in Miami, FL.

Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 5 votes

Hi BP community!

I have a commercial property that is owned outright by a family member. He has expressed in the past an interest in doing "something," with the building. It is a one-story office currently occupied by us (family business) in a busy area in Miami close to major highways, apartment complexes, etc. 

I'm looking to present the family member with something more concrete than "we might be able to do something."  So with that in mind, I'm looking for commercial real estate mentors, investors, developers, and/or pros that would be willing to discuss coming on board the project as an adviser to help work a deal with a developer in the area. 

My goal is to convert this from an antiquated one-story office building to a multi-level commercial or mixed use building (depending on what the area allows and what a developer thinks could extract top value). 

I firmly believe the family member would be willing to work a deal to develop something new if he doesn't have to put any cash into the deal, so ideally we would look at offering equity in the project rather than selling or providing capital. 

Please feel free to discuss this on here, or to inbox me to schedule a private conversation.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,

George

0Reply
15 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 51 posts · 39 votes
    6y

    Hi George. Do you know anything about what development rights the property has? My best friend does development in Miami and I'd be happy to put you in touch with him if you want to shoot me a message.

    Lizzie

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Hello George, I'd be happy to discuss with you when you have a moment.

  • Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    @Lizzie Carver Hi Lizzie! Not sure regarding property rights. I'd love to connect with your colleague here in Miami to discuss further. Please feel free to message me to continue the discussion!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.