Tax Lien on SFR I want to purchase

Tax Lien on SFR I want to purchase

Rental Property Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2018 · 70 posts · 33 votes

Hi. Looking for some advice. I’m making an offer on a property with 12k property tax lien. The price of the deal has been raised to include the lien so it can be paid off at closing. My question- what are my options if the property will not appraise for this new value? This is a financed deal with title company insurance. 

0Reply
5 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    Add extra cash, lower the price assuming there is enough equity, walk away. 

  • Specialist · Owings Mills, MD · Member since 2017 · 485 posts · 415 votes
    7y

    @Cristin Andrews
    . Pay the difference between purchase price and appraisal in cash.
    . Ask the Seller to reduce the price to appraised value minus 12K
    . Ask seller to pay a portion of the tax from Seller proceeds

  • Rental Property Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2018 · 70 posts · 33 votes
    7y

    Thanks guys. This was exactly what I was looking for. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.