Tax professional recommendation for a 9-5er with a 1099 also

Tax professional recommendation for a 9-5er with a 1099 also

Ben RicePro Member
Marketing · Redwood City, CA · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 7 votes

Hey BP,

I currently have a W-2 job and recently reworked a former 2nd W-2 job to be a 1099 contractor role. So now I have W-2 income and self earned income. This was to be able to write off my home office on my taxes and also to contribute to a Solo 401k. I plan to use my Solo 401k to invest in real estate in the near future, but not quite there yet. In the meantime I need some advice from a tax professional to make sure that I am doing things right. I am located in the San Francisco Bay Area. Does anyone have any recommendations for my situation?

Thanks!

0Reply
12 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lance LvovskyPro Member
    Accountant · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 753 votes
    9y
    Yes, I would find a good CPA who not only understands real estate taxation, but can also advise you on the proper ways to fund the retirement accounts as a self employed individual. If you are open to working with a CPA remotely, you will widen your pool
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.