Looking for CPA - REI Knowledgeable in Tampa or serving Tampa

Looking for CPA - REI Knowledgeable in Tampa or serving Tampa

Jon S.Pro Member
Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 530 posts · 92 votes

Any recommendations? I am looking for a CPA who is very experienced, REI knowledgeable, LLC knowledgeable, Trust knowledgeable, IRS knowledgeable, easy to work with, reasonably priced, who will be able to advise and know the proper situations for various options, such as choosing LLC filing as an S-Corp VS choosing an LLC filing as partnership, vs putting property in trusts, etc.

I have an IRS notice that my taxes filed were less than what their records indicate I should have filed, and I have to respond asap.

I have two investment properties, just purchased in 2015, have formed an LLC, and am deciding whether to file as an S-Corp or as a partnership.

I have trust work to be advised on. 

I will be growing my REI business.

While it would be nice to work with someone in Tampa, who I could see face to face, I will certainly consider outside of Tampa. 

Thank you!

Jon 

0Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Agent / Investor · Clearwater, FL · Member since 2014 · 573 posts · 281 votes
10y

@Jon S. - I work with a great CPA who is very easy to work with, very knowledgeable, and willing to meet with you face to face for an introductory consult before deciding to move forward. 

I can send you a PM, I don't want to advertise it on here. 

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Fort Walton Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 568 posts · 966 votes
    10y

    (this thread might get moved to the Marketplace)

    @Brandon Hall is a great CPA who is an investor as well and very RE savvy. He is not based in Tampa though.

  • Agent / Investor · Clearwater, FL · Member since 2014 · 573 posts · 281 votes
    10y

    @Jon S. - I work with a great CPA who is very easy to work with, very knowledgeable, and willing to meet with you face to face for an introductory consult before deciding to move forward. 

    I can send you a PM, I don't want to advertise it on here. 

  • Jon S.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 530 posts · 92 votes
    10y

    Hi Brandon, please send me a PM, thanks. 

    Jon

  • Jon S.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 530 posts · 92 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Brandon M.:

    @Jon S. - I work with a great CPA who is very easy to work with, very knowledgeable, and willing to meet with you face to face for an introductory consult before deciding to move forward. 

    I can send you a PM, I don't want to advertise it on here. 

     Hi Brandon, please send me a PM, thanks.

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Brandon M. Hey Brandon do you still use a CPA around Tampa?

  • Bill HamptonBusiness Member
    Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 977 votes
    7y

    @Antonio Hernandez, 

    Are you open to working with your accountant remotely?

    If so, you open yourself up to a larger pool of candidates. 

    There are about 20 CPAs and accountants on this site. 

    Reach out to a few of us and see who you connect with. 

    Good luck and let me know if I can be of assistance.

    Hampton Tax and Financial Services LLC4.7106 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 38 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @Jon S. We’re moving to Tampa in two months and will be looking for the same. We have a good realtor and broker and would love to share advice/contacts. Would you be willing to let me know who you find?

    Dan

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.