Financing a home in a private RV Park? Newbie here--things I need to think about?

Financing a home in a private RV Park? Newbie here--things I need to think about?

Lakewood, WA · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 4 votes

This is a non-investing purchase.  

I'm looking to buy my first house. It's listed at $95k, but is in an RV Park. It is a stand-alone structure, but I think it is technically listed as a condo, and it does have HOA fees. My RE Agent is telling me something about how park financing is more difficult, but that he has a financier that works with parks and says that the terms would most likely be 20% down payment, around 6.5% interest over 30 years, with a cash out in 3-5 years.

Again, total newbie here--though I am, of course, aware that this is quite a bit higher than the typical mortgage rate.  I have excellent credit and can easily make a 20% down payment.

I also am military, so I don't know if VA loans would qualify.

Anybody have advice on this?

0Reply
19 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Richardson, TX · Member since 2014 · 537 posts · 228 votes
    11y

    What do they mean cash-out in 3-5 years?  I hope that is not a balloon.

    Whenever you buy a property, you have to think about resale.  Not everyone is going to want to buy a property in an RV park, so why buy a property that already has one strike against it?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.