Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Carson
Votes |
Interested in a Private Money

Andrew Carson
Posted

Hey everyone, interested in some advice and connections.

Started out my real estate investing journey being a wholesaler for just about two years and built a strong funnel of continuous leads. I then recently moved into doing flips, JVing with other investors, and I’m ready to start flipping independently since I have gotten experience.

I’m a big fan of the more local the better, given, they will know the smaller markets as well as the big in my city; however, I am open to lending opportunities farther out. 

Thanks everyone, let’s start investing! 

User Stats

Votes
Alex Hunt
Lender
  • Lender
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
Replied
Quote from @Andrew Carson:

Started out my real estate investing journey being a wholesaler for just about two years and built a strong funnel of continuous leads. I then recently moved into doing flips, JVing with other investors, and I’m ready to start flipping independently since I have gotten experience.

I’m a big fan of the more local the better, given, they will know the smaller markets as well as the big in my city; however, I am open to lending opportunities farther out. 

Hey Andrew, congrats for branching out on your own! Happy to help on any flips. 

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied

Congrats. Lots of private lenders here on BP. Keep going at it!

BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Ko Kashiwagi
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied

Hi Andrew,

Congratulations on doing many deals! If you are looking for local private money lenders, you'll find them at local meetups. Also many private/hard money lenders on BP Find a Lender Tool tab.

User Stats

Votes
Replied

Hi Andrew, I am always looking to Jv, What market are you in?

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Carson
Votes |
Replied

Sioux City, IA / Sioux Falls, SD (Mostly SC though, where I reside)

User Stats

Votes
Jeff S.#5 Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice Contributor
  • Lender
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Jeff S.#5 Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice Contributor
  • Lender
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied

Your title and post are a bit unclear, @Andrew Carson. I assume you want to borrow private money to flip houses and not lend on them (?). It looks like you’ve learned the perils of partnering and wisely understand the benefits of investing as locally as possible. Good for you. It’s fortunate that you’re in a border city. Stick to Iowa and possibly eastern Nebraska. Not only are IA and NE local, but you’ll find it easier to borrow money.

Iowa only requires a license to lend money on owner-occupied properties, so this doesn’t apply if you’re flipping. Nebraska has no licensing restrictions on business-purpose real estate loans, like flips. Both ND and SD are in the handful of states, like CA, that require a license for all RE loans. Since the population in these states is relatively small, many lenders avoid them.

Face-to-face at local real estate clubs, found through Meetup, are your best bet.

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
Pro Member
#3 All Forums Contributor
  • Lender
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
Professional Services
Pro Member
#3 All Forums Contributor
  • Lender
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Replied

I just funded 4 deals in that city and was there personally about 3 weeks ago.. I like it.. I can do JV deals for SD deals.. so we are not lending money in that state.. I did learn something about how title is done there which was quite unique.

User Stats

Votes
Jacob Sherman
Pro Member
  • 12 Penns Trail Suite 138 Newtown, PA 18940
Votes |
Pro Member
  • 12 Penns Trail Suite 138 Newtown, PA 18940
Replied

Let me know if you have any questions in regards to bridge, fix and flip, ground up construction and DSCR

User Stats

Votes
Replied

Sioux City, IA / Sioux Falls, SD (Mostly SC though, where I reside)

dm me!