Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 62 posts · 18 votes
Came across this today and thought users here may find it useful.
From the original poster: "I decided to make this tool so people could easily see who is moving to each state and how those people are different than the original residents. You can view this information for any state and explore many topics such as employment status, citizenship, and educational attainment."
Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 229 posts · 259 votes
7y
Worked for me on mobile.
Texas has a net positive gain of about 22,000 in it's people trade with California. And most of the people moving between the two states are in their 20s and 30s regardless of the direction they are moving.
After 11 years in Los Angeles I moved to Austin 3 years ago and can't imagine a better place to be.
Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2018 · 24 posts · 13 votes
7y
This sounds super interesting, but the link doesn't appear to be working. I'm getting a dns error. It says the IP address cannot be found. Is the site still active? Or perhaps there is an error in the url?
Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 229 posts · 259 votes
7y
Worked for me on mobile.
Texas has a net positive gain of about 22,000 in it's people trade with California. And most of the people moving between the two states are in their 20s and 30s regardless of the direction they are moving.
After 11 years in Los Angeles I moved to Austin 3 years ago and can't imagine a better place to be.
It's funny to look at the states and see that those that aren't attractive are only gaining immigrants from neighboring states
The leading age demographics for every sample state I clicked were age 18 the 34. We millennials are a generation in transition. I guess it's hard to build a home on shifting sand. The people moving between neighboring states of reduced popularity are probably being pragmatic and looking for opportunities. The popular states are getting the dreamer chasers.