Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Frankie Betancourt
  • detroit, macomb
Votes |
Is a sheriff necessary when doing eviction?

Frankie Betancourt
  • detroit, macomb
Posted Apr 20 2024, 20:07

Hello If you are doing an eviction and you have WON the case in court is a sheriff necessary? The reason being is this Person i never had a lease with or rental agreement comes and goes from the property and is NOT living in it.. So after 2 years of Court dates i finally Won the Case And my lawyer served him with Eviction papers. So the issue im having is This trespasser comes and goes as he pleases to destroy the property but  never stays the night At the property because its CONDEMNED he has cut plumbing lines Gas Lines , cut hardwood flooring broke walls windows removed furnace water heaters etc. So i decided to change the locks and board Up the windows Myself. So apparently he showed up while i was boarding up the house and told me i Needed the sheriff to do so i told him no i don't because no one is Living here the house is condemned and full of TRASH. He told me ill be hearing from his lawyer but i Have Already WON the case in court. So what i have done is it going to be an issue? or what happens if he decides to break into the property again would i have to go trough the whole eviction process over again? I have also took pictures and video's of how much damage has been done to the property

Loading replies...