Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Mike K.
Pro Member
Votes |
RE Investing - Not a good option right now

Mike K.
Pro Member
Posted Apr 19 2024, 12:23

After looking at the opportunities available in RE investing and analyzing the risks and rewards I decided that there are better options available to build wealth.  It pains me to say this since I have been an appraiser for a long time.  In my 10 year time horizon until I retire I believe I can build more wealth as a small business owner and have decided to purchase a business.  I would like to personally thank everyone for sharing your experience and advice. Best of luck to you all.

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
#4 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied Jun 26 2024, 11:35

Has anyone uncovered what this amazing online biz is that generates 1k per week doing little to nothing ? 

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied Jun 26 2024, 11:41

I just closed on a 3 br for ALL IN 75k, that will generate about 14k NET income (about 18k gross )  per year with a value of 125k, So IF I sell it, I can make about 45kish, do that only 5 times in a year that's 200k, x 10 years is 2 mill. Sure, I will have to get involved from time to time, but heck I will take it

All the best 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied Jun 26 2024, 11:43
Quote from @Mike K.:
Quote from @Charles Granja:

It's definitely tough out there right now! Best of luck.

I'm gonna make some money with a local or web business and wait until we get some blood in the water in the housing market. It's coming and there will be good investment opportunities.

there out there now, just need to know how to find them :) 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 26 2024, 16:35
Quote from @Nate Marshall:

It is never a bad time to invest in real estate. The issue is with people that don't have the ability to analyze, structure and underwrite opportunities so they close on time and become successful acquisitions! 

Never a Bad Time? Hold on, I have 2021/2022 on the phone for you, they're asking if you are interested in a 100 unit 1960's Vintage Multi-Fam property called "The UnderWater" at a 3.5% Cap rate....Wait, Blackrock just said "Hold my Beer" and offered all cash at a 3Cap, something about subway tile Backsplash should double NOI in 3 months.

perhaps modify "It is never a bad time to invest in real estate." to "at a good price". :) jus playin'

User Stats

Votes
Brian S.
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jun 27 2024, 01:58

This is like going onto a Motley Fool’s forum and saying that the stock market is trash. Haha

I just bought a decent duplex that after repairs will get me over 1%. It is a low B or high C. It may not be as easy but it can still be done, you just have to work for it now. 

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied Jun 27 2024, 04:17
Quote from @Account Closed:

I was convinced to invest here by a friend I met on Biggerpocket, Her name was Annie ( now I know she could be anyone else). At first everything was going on well until I requested for withdrawal, that’s when the nightmare started… I had to put in more money before I could withdraw. Then came the unending taxes; I was fined and taxed for various reasons. There was always a reason why I couldn’t take out my money. I was tired of everything and began looking for help. Since all the payments I made were through cryptocurrencies and some transfer via zelle, my local police could not help me. Luckily I finally got help from the authorities. Wonderfully, after providing my details, it took them barely a week to trace and retrieve my funds. Get help from them if you are in a similar.

WTH are you talking about, 

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Jun 27 2024, 08:16
Quote from @Paul Azad:
Quote from @Nate Marshall:

It is never a bad time to invest in real estate. The issue is with people that don't have the ability to analyze, structure and underwrite opportunities so they close on time and become successful acquisitions! 

Never a Bad Time? Hold on, I have 2021/2022 on the phone for you, they're asking if you are interested in a 100 unit 1960's Vintage Multi-Fam property called "The UnderWater" at a 3.5% Cap rate....Wait, Blackrock just said "Hold my Beer" and offered all cash at a 3Cap, something about subway tile Backsplash should double NOI in 3 months.

perhaps modify "It is never a bad time to invest in real estate." to "at a good price". :) jus playin'

It is all based on an individuals ability to invest in real estate in a ethical manner. But generally there is never a bad time. There are better times like right after 2008 when you could buy up whole blocks for pennies on the dollar. 

User Stats

Votes
Regina Blake
  • Realtor
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied Jun 28 2024, 02:35

Hi, people are doing well in Ohio's market and real estate it is the way to go it definitely will pay off it may take some time but, overall, you cannot go wrong with investing in real estate. Best wishes and good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Robert Ellis
Agent
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jun 29 2024, 04:34
Quote from @Lisa Rechsteiner:
Quote from @John Morgan:

It's not easy now but I'm still finding deals. I've bought 10 SFR buy n holds in the last 12 month that cash flow ok. I'm more of a dollar cost average investor and have bought on average 2 houses a year for the past 9 years. But I've found some of my best deals in the last 4 or 5 months so I jumped on them. I look 5-10 years in the future to see if I think my investments will be good so I'm ok only making $200-$500/month when I first buy properties. And many investors have paused their buying so I'm seeing less competition and able to make low ball offers to secure these homes.

Where are you finding these deals, John. We are in TN. I’ve heard a lot of positive things about Columbus OH

look at land and ground up not existing. you can get better locations. don't let the columbus biggerpockets agents put you into south linden or hilltop when you can get closer to downtown and better markets like Franklinton, near east, southern orchards, etc 

User Stats

Votes
Jimmy Lieu
Agent
#3 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
#3 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jul 10 2024, 09:22
Quote from @Mike K.:

After looking at the opportunities available in RE investing and analyzing the risks and rewards I decided that there are better options available to build wealth.  It pains me to say this since I have been an appraiser for a long time.  In my 10 year time horizon until I retire I believe I can build more wealth as a small business owner and have decided to purchase a business.  I would like to personally thank everyone for sharing your experience and advice. Best of luck to you all.

Hi Mike, I would have to disagree with you on your viewpoint. With real estate you get cash flow, appreciation, principal paydown, and depreciation. What other investment asset provides you those sort of returns? Not stocks, crypto, etc. Happy to connect and answer any questions you have about real estate investing!