Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Real Estate Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Kristian Kotov
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
Are there Investor Matching Platforms / Services out there?

Kristian Kotov
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Boston, MA
Posted Nov 3 2023, 09:40

I'm new to the wholesale / fix&flip / rehab strategies for buying & selling properties, and one of the main barriers to entry I run into with potential interested investors are the capital requirements to start their first project. 

Most of the properties I have available are $300,000-700,000; so if a hard money lender requires 25% down, with closing costs of 1-2%, and the hard money lender wants $20,000 in reserves, plus 1% to the hard money lender, we're looking at anywhere between $104,000 to $216,000 out of pocket costs. 

However, most of the people I run into have "only" about $20,000 to $60,000 available for their first project. 

Are there platforms out there specifically getting investors matched on a per-deal basis? It seems like if I could put together 3-4 people who are interested in the same deal, and get them to pool their capital together on a flip, you would lower the per-person risk, you would allow more investors to enter the market. 

Thoughts? Feedback? Anyone try investor matching before? How have you normally found partners? 

User Stats

Votes
Zachary Gray
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Framingham, MA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Framingham, MA
Replied Jan 7 2024, 12:54

I own 130+ units in MA and would love to partner on deals depending on what you have. Money not a concern. Message me 774-258-1419

User Stats

Votes
Jace Perry
  • Investor
  • Greenville SC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Greenville SC
Replied May 13 2024, 05:27

Hey, I am a serial software founder and now a real estate investor operator. I am thinking of creating a matchmaking platform for scenarios similar to what you described. 

Demo
Practice finding and analyzing deals
Tulsa, OK
$231,902 - Median Home Value
5.97% - YoY Rent Growth
$1,351 - Median Rental Income
0.58% - Rent/Price Ratio
4.56% - Appreciation
0.77% - Population Growth Rate
Find Deals