Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Kristian Kotov
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
Are there Investor Matching Platforms / Services out there?

Kristian Kotov
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Boston, MA
Posted Nov 3 2023, 09:40

I'm new to the wholesale / fix&flip / rehab strategies for buying & selling properties, and one of the main barriers to entry I run into with potential interested investors are the capital requirements to start their first project. 

Most of the properties I have available are $300,000-700,000; so if a hard money lender requires 25% down, with closing costs of 1-2%, and the hard money lender wants $20,000 in reserves, plus 1% to the hard money lender, we're looking at anywhere between $104,000 to $216,000 out of pocket costs. 

However, most of the people I run into have "only" about $20,000 to $60,000 available for their first project. 

Are there platforms out there specifically getting investors matched on a per-deal basis? It seems like if I could put together 3-4 people who are interested in the same deal, and get them to pool their capital together on a flip, you would lower the per-person risk, you would allow more investors to enter the market. 

Thoughts? Feedback? Anyone try investor matching before? How have you normally found partners? 

Loading replies...