Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Real Estate Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Nate Hammond
  • Wholesaler
  • Albany, OR
Votes |
Pay Off House vs. Buying Turnkey Rentals

Nate Hammond
  • Wholesaler
  • Albany, OR
Posted

Hey everyone,

I'm about to inherit a substantial amount of money through my fathers estate. The amount of money is enough to:

1. Pay off my primary mortgage...OR
2. Buy two turnkey properties for cash through a place like Mid South Home Buyers...OR
3. Buy around 5 turnkey properties via financing through a place like Mid South Home Buyers.

My mortgage payment is approximately $1,600/month. Simply getting rid of that payment would be nice and a huge breath of fresh air.

Buying two properties for cash would bring in enough cash flow to cover my primary mortgage payment.

Buying 5 properties via financing is obviously the most "long term" wealth building option, but also comes with more risk.

I understand most of the pros and cons of each option but I would love some more opinions of these options.

Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...