Property Manager · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2023 · 11 posts · 8 votes
I’m Joshua, 25 years old and local to Raleigh since July ‘20. I cook professionally at one of the best restaurants in the area and have been doing so since November ‘20.
I've learned looking for my second rental property that lenders don't care about what you have, but what you make, and I'm seeking to efficiently partner my investment capital with other local RE investors to acquire SFH/MF properties that my income as a cook prevents me from doing so without paying entirely cash.
With one fully paid off Nashville property cash flowing I’m more concerned about positioning myself well for appreciation and building a portfolio in the area. Additionally would love to put in some sweat equity with more experienced guidance.
I’m easy going and passionately committed to growing as an investor—if you’re not familiar with my line of work, I’m efficient with time and project management, especially under pressure.
Feel free to reach out, and I would especially love to hear from anyone in construction and development as well.
Real Estate Agent · Holly Springs, NC · Member since 2020 · 169 posts · 161 votes
3y
Hey Joshua! I am the host of a local meetup called Pints & Properties - Raleigh, there you can meet with many investors and you never know who you'll meet. You might just find what you are looking for. People are sharing ideas and deals all the time. Im also looking at coming up with a new meetup, spin off of the networking event that I host to pair people in a mentorship type program, if you are interested in staying tuned to that.
I’m Joshua, 25 years old and local to Raleigh since July ‘20. I cook professionally at one of the best restaurants in the area and have been doing so since November ‘20.
I've learned looking for my second rental property that lenders don't care about what you have, but what you make, and I'm seeking to efficiently partner my investment capital with other local RE investors to acquire SFH/MF properties that my income as a cook prevents me from doing so without paying entirely cash.
With one fully paid off Nashville property cash flowing I’m more concerned about positioning myself well for appreciation and building a portfolio in the area. Additionally would love to put in some sweat equity with more experienced guidance.
I’m easy going and passionately committed to growing as an investor—if you’re not familiar with my line of work, I’m efficient with time and project management, especially under pressure.
Feel free to reach out, and I would especially love to hear from anyone in construction and development as well.
I was given advice that making cashflow day 1 should be a priority. Development doesn't cashflow day 1...or even day 30. That being said it's not impossible.
1st. DSCR loans don't really care how much you make but what the property makes.
2nd. House hack if possible
3rd. Know your numbers and it won't matter what you do and how much you make, if its a good deal you can get financing.
4th. This is probably one of the important things is network. I was a chef in a past life and as you might know if you needed more money or another job you know a network of places togo. Same goes with RE, the more people you know / connect with / build a relationship with the easier financing gets.
I've done a couple devopment / construction and my top tips I've gotten / learned.
Never give anyone 100% of the funding, even banks don't do it. They break it down into 4 parts and as they complete each level of construction they release another section of funding.
When selecting a builder check their references.
Work with an inspector, they'll make sure that the work is done right.
Real Estate Agent · Holly Springs, NC · Member since 2020 · 169 posts · 161 votes
3y
Hey Joshua! I am the host of a local meetup called Pints & Properties - Raleigh, there you can meet with many investors and you never know who you'll meet. You might just find what you are looking for. People are sharing ideas and deals all the time. Im also looking at coming up with a new meetup, spin off of the networking event that I host to pair people in a mentorship type program, if you are interested in staying tuned to that.
Hey Joshua! I am the host of a local meetup called Pints & Properties - Raleigh, there you can meet with many investors and you never know who you'll meet. You might just find what you are looking for. People are sharing ideas and deals all the time. Im also looking at coming up with a new meetup, spin off of the networking event that I host to pair people in a mentorship type program, if you are interested in staying tuned to that.
Why would investors share there ideas , and help new investors out, i mean i wouldn't want to share my tips and ideas with people because that will give me more competition and i dont want that
Realtor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2023 · 5 posts · 13 votes
3y
@Chris
@Chris Kendrick My honest answer is because... at one point, you were new and someone helped you. I learned awhile ago that working with others makes me WAY more money than trying to reinvent the wheel in the basement. The second part to that answer is Abundance. When you have made enough money and come from a place of abundance because money doesn't hold as much power over you as it once did, money and opportunity seems to fall into your lap. We call these people 'Rainmakers' in my industry and I'm proud to give back and help the new, passionate, eager guy to the community.
All love brother - just answering your question. I held the some belief as you when I first began.
Contractor · Wake Forest, NC · Member since 2019 · 138 posts · 132 votes
3y
@Chris Kendrick
I’m fine sharing all my tips, you would need millions to own a small part of market share to worry about competition and plus what you think is a secret is know by many people.