Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Real Estate Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Vasug Real
Votes |
Should I rent out or sell

Vasug Real
Posted

I got a SFR property that has mortgage that I'm paying about $1500 / month. Property price according to zillow 260k, mortgage left to be paid- $140k.
Rent for this previously was $1500. Now trying to rent it out for more and its been in the market since a month.
Its a very older property -1921 built. It's in a very nice school district. 

I also chose a property manager and they listed for a steep rent, it didn't rent out since a month. What are the next steps or advise would you provide?

Now would you advise me to rent it out or sell it off?
Sell it off - because I'm worried if I will ever be able to sell this property considering the market would be down for coming years.

In this neighborhood, all the old houses are being demolished and being built new by companies. Should I follow the trend and probably build a duplex? (I already confirmed the zoning with the city)
I live on my W2, no sustainable income from this property yet. This was my primary residence for 4 years before I moved out to a new house. Now I am in dilemma as to how to best use this property.

Loading replies...