Should I sell my flip house, or keep it as a rental?

Should I sell my flip house, or keep it as a rental?

Florence, AL · Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hello all! I have purchased a house with cash that I have flipped and currently have on the market. It has been on the market for almost 2 months now. It has been shown 13 times, but still have not received the first offer. With interest rates rising, the market here locally has come to a screeching halt. So should I sell my property and take no profit? Or should I cash-out refi, and turn the place into a rental that would cash flow me about $200/month??

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

0Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Joe VilleneuvePro Member
Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
3y

REFI

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joe VilleneuvePro Member
    Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    3y

    REFI

  • Contractor · Morris County, NJ · Member since 2020 · 186 posts · 91 votes
    3y

    @Brad Whit, if possible, do a cash-out refi

  • Kenneth GarrettPro Member
    Investor · Florida Panhandle/Illinois · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y

    @Brad Whit

    I would turn the project into a BRRRR at this time. No profit is not an option for me. Refinance it, put a good quality renter in it and if you decide to flip it later you'll be way ahead by enjoying the cash flow. I self managed my properties while working full time to increase my cash flow. Remember in the long term rentals produce higher profits then flips do it just takes more time.

  • I​nvestor & Agent · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    Have you already lowered the price? Are you working with an agent? Are you doing any open houses? Have you considered seller paid closing costs?  I just wonder if there’s something in the middle here that is less extreme, like, you don’t have to take it off the market if all you’ve done is list at a wishful thinking price but have a lot of room to come down. If I’m Missing something i do apologize but I just sold something for a client Friday that took a long time with the previous listing with no effort because that was a discount broker who put in zero effort (that’s actually the agreement so I’m not faulting her) but once I took it over we drove up interest with marketing, strategy, and got it sold For like 97% of asking price to a cash buyer. All I’m saying is just because the plane has turbulence doesn’t mean you have to jump out into a parachute. 

  • Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2022 · 184 posts · 78 votes
    3y

    I'd personally wait to sell until rates come down and get a HELOC in the meantime and use that cash as a downpayment on the next property.

  • Melanie ThomasBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · San Antonio · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 489 votes
    3y

    I would use it as a rental! Sell at a later time! Good luck & happy investing!

    RentWerx Property Management4.73296 Reviews
  • Wale LawalBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    @Brad Whit

    No profit is not a good option.

    You can consider cash-out refi and sell it later.

    Consult an experienced agent or investor to explore other options.

    All the best!

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    Refi and turn into a rental, build that wealth baby 

  • Garrett CrosbyPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, United States · Member since 2021 · 392 posts · 162 votes
    3y

    If you are able to cash out refinance with some certainty of cash flowing 200/month, then it’s a no brained in my opinion. I always recommend keeping real estate as long as you can. :) Lot’s of good advice here, but absolutely didn’t want to pass up on telling you to keep it and cash flow it - especially in this current market.

    Best of luck! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Santa Rosa CA · Member since 2014 · 56 posts · 48 votes
    3y

    @Brad Whit if it was me I’d refinance and keep it as a rental.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.