Neighbor has vacant land for sale, zoned mixed-use.

Neighbor has vacant land for sale, zoned mixed-use.

Aurora, CO · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 4 votes

There's are two vacant properties near me that have been fenced off for years. I've done some open records searching and know the owner is a property manager in the area. It's also zoned for mixed use and has a 5-story apartment immediately south of it.

A couple weeks ago, I saw FSBO signs placed on the fences. I talked with the owner to learn more, and I got a sense of his strategy. He hired an architect to develop plans for new apartments. If he gets his way, there will be over 60 apartment units added to the neighborhood.

I know I'm over my head as far as understanding the full process from bare land to first lease.  I have never been part of a project like this before.  Most of my skills are in open records research, office suites, interviewing for community journalism, and unrelated technical skills (811 utility location, electronic repair). Construction management? Not yet.

How can a guy like me add value to the process?

0Reply
24 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Kenneth Westervelt:

    There's are two vacant properties near me that have been fenced off for years. I've done some open records searching and know the owner is a property manager in the area. It's also zoned for mixed use and has a 5-story apartment immediately south of it.

    A couple weeks ago, I saw FSBO signs placed on the fences. I talked with the owner to learn more, and I got a sense of his strategy. He hired an architect to develop plans for new apartments. If he gets his way, there will be over 60 apartment units added to the neighborhood.

    I know I'm over my head as far as understanding the full process from bare land to first lease.  I have never been part of a project like this before.  Most of my skills are in open records research, office suites, interviewing for community journalism, and unrelated technical skills (811 utility location, electronic repair). Construction management? Not yet.

    How can a guy like me add value to the process?


    He has the land and plans to develop it. What makes you think he needs/wants your involvement?

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Aurora, CO · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    4y

    He has the land up for sale.  Maybe he doesn't want to be a part of the construction process?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.