Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Multi-Family and Apartment Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Larry Elwood
  • Residential Real Estate Broker
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Pro Forma Software or Subscription?

Larry Elwood
  • Denver, CO
Posted

Hi All,

Just made an apartment building fix and flip presentation to an investor, though he liked the project, he did say that my pro forma presentation could be visually simpler and more visually appealing.

I was wondering if someone is aware of any type of Pro Forma software or subscription that has the flexibility to output data in simple, big picture, easy to read fashion?

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Brian Hamrick
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Replied

I use Douglas Rutherford's Landlord's Cashflow Analyzer Pro.  Its an excel spreadsheet that allows you to print out very professional looking packages.  I used this to get a bank loan on one of my apartment buildings and my lender told me it was the best package he'd ever seen.

http://www.landlordsoftware.com/landlord-cash-flow...

I've been using this for five years and its become an essential tool for putting deals together and marketing to investors.  Highly recommended!

User Stats

Votes
Larry Elwood
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
  • Denver, CO
Replied

Brian,

This is perfect! Thanks so much. 

Larry

BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Joel Owens
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Canton, GA
Votes |
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Canton, GA
ModeratorReplied

It's what I use as well. I like that you pay for it one time.

Every year or so there is new versions and add ons you can purchase but still seems cheap in comparison to the subscription sites.

User Stats

Votes
Larry Elwood
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
  • Denver, CO
Replied

Thanks again everyone. I bought it!

User Stats

Votes
Angel Lucena
  • Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Replied

Hey Guys,

I am looking at a large portfolio for purchase of around 100 properties (SF and Duplexes). We may purchase the entire portfolio and some combination of them. I am looking for a software that will allow me to create a proforma but allow me to add/subtract properties as I try and ascertain the best combination to buy. I currently use Property Metrics but this software only allows for analysis in aggregate. Please let me know if you are aware of something that will help with this analysis. Thank you

Angel    

Account Closed
  • Developer
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Denver, CO
Replied

@Larry Elwood

How'd that "software" work out for you? I just tried based on this thread. It's a doctored up Excel Spreadsheet. Plus, holy Jesus Christ, the refund process is a nightmare! 

Please people, dont use this guy's stuff!

User Stats

Votes
Scott Morongell
  • Syndicator
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Syndicator
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied

@Larry Elwood @Account Closed I would highly suggest creating your own. If you personally can't do it, hire someone who is proficient in excel that can make it look professional. Ideally, you want to create an output tab or what I call a "tear-out" that shows all the high-level stuff on the deal. It's should be clean, visually appealing, and professional. Some of the things you will want on that summary sheet is:

• Capital Structure
  • Sources & Uses
  • Investment Attributes 
    • -prop name, vintage, risk profile, units, purchase price, exit price, acq date, exit date
  • Unit Mix
  • Debt Highlight
  • Return Profile
  • Return sensitivity to hold period & purchase price
  • Financial Summary (by year)
  • Cumulative Return on Investment

** all of this info should be already showing somewhere else in your underwriting model and you just have to link it to this new tab so it auto-updates as you change assumptions in your UW model. Hope this helps.